Separation and Dating? Should I go to a date?

I've only been separated from a 14 year marriage for 4 months. It's been two years in the making. I bought my own place and have no plans on getting back together. I would like to ask a lady I see if she would like to go for coffee or something like that, but should I?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Sure, I don't see why not. Only caveat is that I think you've got to be emotionally balanced - read: your not carrying any excess baggage from the past, your not planning to unload any of the excess on the new girlfriends, and your seriously looking forward to the new life and what it has to offer.

• As someone who went this route a few years ago, my advice is get your divorce finalized before you try to date someone seriously, or establish another relationship. Most women have reservations about getting involved with a separated person, because technically they are still married. And vice-versa; its also not a good idea to date a separated lady for the same reason.