Can a friends with benefits relationship turn into something real? Fo' real?

Can a friends with benefits relationship turn into something real? If this relationship starts with sex, though you also chat about all things, can it turn into something more. You're also not friends from before.

It seems to me like a guy's perception stays the same. Is it true or he can really turn smitten?

.
.
more?

Most Helpful Girl

• Each case is different but to change from friends with benefits to a real relationship is tricky business! To answer the question most people seem to think you asked... I've had a guy fall for me in this situation, but the feeling was not mutual on my end. I have also had friends who went from to friends with benefits to actual dating to married with a kid, but trust me it was messy and the risk to your heart is great!

• married with kids, that's a long way.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, friends with benefits never works. There is always emotions attached to sex.

• For the girls usually. But for you guys, too?

• Sex is an emotional thing, its not like breathing. There is attraction, which is an emotion, then other emotions build from there. he's prolly just trying to hold back emotions, it won't work.

• that's good to know then. and yeah, it's emotion

What Girls Said 1

• It didn´t work for me. I fell in love, guy dumped me and I stayed heartbroken. I don´t do friends with benefits anymore.

• how long did it last?

• oh, I'm sorry you got attached. what were the rules in your friends with benefits if I can ask?

• I don´t recall any rules. We just knew that we are not to each other what we were dreaming about - I wasn´t his dreamgirl and he wasn´t my dreamboy, so we knew it was not leading anywhere. I would really not do it ever again.