Do you think there is a such thing as somebody being "out of your league"?

Well I was just listening to Fitz and The Tantrums song, Out of My League, and it just got me wondering. Do you really think there is a such thing of somebody being out of another person's league? Or is it all in the person's head? Just wanted some opinions :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, to be honest. I think yes, but only in severe cases. Let's give an example: There is this very nice girl who is also, atlethic, good looking, smart and happy. And then there is this guy. Lazy, no job, dumb, not good looking and has a bad attitude <- By far the most important.

Now if that guy were to ask me whether he could get that girl. I'd say that she is way out of his league.
    Simply because I don't think that a such a girl would deserve to be around such kind of guy.

Of course, this is a severe case, but it does exist.
    But on average, no.

What Guys Said 7

• I think there is no such thing. However, a lot of people do and it becomes evident when women snub guys at clubs and bars. When girlfriends wonder how "they can do better" or wonder how such an ugly dude ended up with such a pretty lady.

Happens all the time. I tend to view a persons character above all else. This one girl I'm dating right now I would have rated a 5 out of 10 a few months ago. Now she's an 8. Problem is her family... they're kinda crazy lol.

• Yes, most of the time it's mental; even if you are not as good looking as the person, confidence/belief that you are will enable you to make a move and the other person may well believe you are just from your own self belief. It won't always work but it's possible and certainly, good looking folks with no confidence will suck at getting anyone so the mind is key.

• Yes, I do. Every girl I have ever dated has been way out of my league. I must be pretty damn smooth cuz it sure as hell isn't my looks lol.

• Its not real , often when u rhink is someone better than u they turned up to be the worst person u ever met

• I think so.

• Yes, there is. It's called standards.

• Not if they have a lot of money

What Girls Said 4

• There was a dating study conducted where single people were unknowingly ranked by appearance and sent into a room to find a mate. The participants matched themselves with people of equal "looks" rankings. I guess there could be evidence that people prefer mates "in the same league" as themselves. However, there are other factors to consider like intelligence, mutual interests, and income/class status that might come into play, too. A broke, jobless man with little ambition isn't usually very successful with women that have fancy jobs and a decent education... so, yes I think there are "leagues" and some people may be out of yours, for better or worse reasons.

• In my opinion it's all in people's head. My fiancé still makes comments about how I'm too pretty to be with him, he doesn't realize how good looking he is. All the gay men we used to work with would make comments about how he could get anyone, man or woman, he wanted but instead he is stuck with me. My fiancé feels like he's average while everyone else thinks he's a 10.

• Yeah it's all in the head, but thinking like that can mean that you will never be able to accept the fact that this person might like you and therefore probably either not have a relationship or, if you do, encounter major problems.

• It doesn't make the person better than the next but I do believe someone can be out of your league or vice versa. I am a college graduate. My ex didn't graduate from high school and lived his life making money off the streets. We met through a friend. Before I even knew him well enough to stay away, I caught feelings quick. He has never been with anyone like me & his girla after me werent like me neither. I think I was out of his league.

• Being out of someones league does not make you better than them. So please, dont take it as if think I was better than him.