Parents Won't Let Me Date My Crush?

I'm a freshman in high school and my parents won't let me date until I'm 16. The problem is that my crush likes me back. Even though we aren't dating we're constantly hugging and flirting. Since my parents won't let me date til I'm 16, what am I supposed to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents are the exact same way and I never understood why until I really started dating. Relationships are tough and even harder at 15. Keep flirting and doing everything you already are just don't have the titles. At 15 titles make everything ccomplicated anyways. It's hard to not have the "boyfriend/girlfriend" titles because it makes it where you don't understand your place with him, but just keep flirting and wait until you're a little bit older to throw in the titles.

What Guys Said 7

• Either argue it out with them, or just hide it and claim that he's just a friend if they ever get suspicious.
    BUT, if you go with the second option, you'll have to do that first. Cause if you argue about it with them, then secretly date him and then they get suspicious, they'll have even more probably cause to believe that you two are dating.

• Tell him. Tell him straight up that your parents dont want you dating until you're 16 but you still like him. You guys can still hang out and stuff even if you're not "dating"

• Tell him but keep any dating secret for as long as possible. Then maybe tell ur parents again in a year or so. Are u at least 14?

• I'll be 15 in less than 2 months

• Oh ok ur good then. Ask again in like April or something. As long as u show ur mature enough to handle everything and maintain decent grades. Smh I feel like a dad now. Thanks for making me feel old! Hahaha jk. Good luck

• Thanks!!!

• wait it out perhaps?

I mean you are pretty young.

• im in the same situation with my gf. what we do? secret relationship. of course we dont get to meet really often but we can manage

• Act like you're dating but don't call yourselves "boyfriend and girlfriend".

• You tell him you can't date until you're 16, which, even I think is a little low

What Girls Said 2

• My parents did the same thing, I didn't date, and I eventually moved on from that specific boy, we didn't do anything official till I turned 16. I'd say wait it out, and don't try and change your parents' minds.

• Half date. So you act like you're dating but just tell your parents that you are friends. That not exactly a lie because u kinda are friends :)