Is seeing someone the same as being exclusive?

This question sounds juvenile for my age but im new to dating

Most Helpful Girl

• No, exclusive is exclusive.. Seeing someone/talking is just the testing the waters stage to see if you're going to be exclusive eventually or not.

• Thanks for making it simple to the point.. So i could be seeing multiple people? If im not exclusive i dont have to tell any of the other girls what im doing right?

• Thats a smart move

• I learned my lesson early on haha

What Girls Said 5

• No, I don't think it does. Seeing someone means casually dating someone. Dating means courtship, not being boyfriend and girlfriend, which is being official.

• Thanks.. You made this simple for me

• It depends on the context. "Seeing someone" could mean they're just dating. But if someone rejects someone because they're "seeing someone" that usually implies that they can't date because they are unavailable to others.

Exclusivity should never be assumed until it's discussed.

• Thanks for your insight

• Someone said you just know when your exclusive. That doesn't seem right. That it doesn't have to be brought up

• I always think couples should discuss these things openly even if it's an awkward conversation. It adds a lot of security to the relationship to have it stated.

• If the two of you didn't agree on exclusivity, then don't assume that you're exclusive.

• Hmm probably depends, "seeing someone" could mean getting to know each other before being exclusive.

• No. You can see anyone but exclusive is monogamous.

What Guys Said 3

• Not necessarily. Some people make big big distinctions between dating someone, seeing someone, and being exclusive with someone. It just depends on the people involved, really.

For me personally, if I'm at the point of dating where it's considered "seeing someone", then I want her to be all mine.

Hell, when I *like* someone I want her to be all mine, so maybe I'm more the exception than the rule. LOL

• It could be, it depends how the person defines seeing someone.

• It should.
    I mean if you really like each other you should be exclusive.

• But should i ask her if im not sure how she feels about me? She told me she likes me a lot

• Yeah but how do you know if you're together?

• Read what i wrote above...