Friendzone or do I have a chance?

i like this girl and i don't know if she likes me or just wants to be friends, we talk a lot and when i got her number she started texting me some after school. The other day she started talking about her ex which made me think i might be in the friend zone though even though she was talking about it negitively. Also one time I complemented her via text her and she said “awww thanks” which i heard is bad and means you’re in the friend zone. She also leaves me notes like “hi” or “good mourning :)” or “hope your having a good day” which is cool but i don’t know if she’s just being friendly or flirting. Help.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're definitely NOT in the friendzone yet, but you might end up there if you don't confess that you like her!

What Girls Said 1

• "aww thanks" can just mean she doesn't know how whether you like her and doesn't want to be too forward. don't read into it so much

What Guys Said 1

• You're not in the friendzone you're both just young. Try to stop worrying about who you are to her and learn how to just be who you want to be.