Guys and dating girls 2 to 3 years younger?

A lot of people say it's weird for a 19 year old guy to date a 16 year old girl which I understand why, but every guy I've ever dated was at least 2 years older than me. I grew about around guys who were a lot older than me and still hang out with guys older than me, I'm really mature and always get mistaken to be older than I am. Guys what's your opinion on dating someone 2 to 3 years younger than you?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it feels OK it is fine.
    There is a formula recommended for this.
    The younger person should not be less (younger) than half the older person age plus seven.
    As people get older the age gap can be wider.
    I remember when I was 23 I briefly went out with a girl 16 but it was clear she was too young.
    When I was 25 and she was 18 we met again and it was completely different, but she was still too young.
    When I was 29 I married a lady who was 22 and we were married for 33 years. I never felt there was an age gap.

What Guys Said 3

• " Guys what's your opinion on dating someone 2 to 3 years younger than you? "
    I am 31 and was going out with this 19 year old.
    We eventually decided she is too much of a party girl and i was too serious and melancholic for her but for a time it went well.

I guess it's a stereotype for girls to be younger. Probably because women mature faster = fertile at younger years while men mature slower.

• My general rule is that +-3 years is normal. I could stretch it to +-5 years if I really like the girl.

• Well I have a thing with a girl who's 3 years younger than me but she's really mature. What I keep in mind is that it won't really matter till you get older, like say you're 25 and he's 27.

What Girls Said 2

• Lol really? Here even 6 years difference is normal O. o I personally don't date guys older than 21-22. I am turning 18 soon.

• I have a crush on my senior who's 2 years above me, and it's my policy not to date a guy of the same age because since I'm 15 guys are reallly immature.