Do most/all girls judge someone on how they look and never focus on their personality?

I'm not ugly or anything I'm just a bit overweight... With gynecomastia ( look it up its terrible, it's a medical condition ). I just hope that most girls can look past certain things you know? I'm not asking for a model to walk over to me but I mean someone like me in a way.

• Yeah
  • It doesn't bother me that much
  • Nope

Most Helpful Girl

• I care about personality, but I also want to be semi attracted to someone. I think most often women look at both personality & looks equally. Some may care about looks more, & some may care about personality more. For me, personality is the most important. The bad thing is though, you can't see someone's personality from across the room or on a dating site, you just see their appearance. Sometimes I wish life was like the movie Shallow Hal, were people look on the outside as they look on the inside.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't think this is true of guys either. Unless I've never spoken to a guy, it's rarely all about looks. It's rarely all about personality either. It's always a mix. There are traits, physically and personality-wise that we find attractive, and that can attract us. I won't pick the hot guy with a personality deal breaker for example (I actually just blew off a guy like that this past weekend). Similarly, I also won't pick the amazing guy with a physical deal breaker either. My list of deal breakers on either side are short and subject to change, but they are there for everyone.

I don't think it's true for men or women to never look at personality when they meet someone unless you've already broken one of their big physical deal breakers. Also, very sorry about the condition, I know about it. It's not the end of the world though. Have you looked into treatments and surgery for it?

• I'm the kind of girl who gets judged by her looks, so when you get made fun of your looks you eventually just stop looking for the good looks, you know. Instead a boy's personality becomes really important. But one thing bad about me is I don't pay any attention to boys with bad grades. Bad grades as in only "Passing". I like boys who are in my intelligence level, and my parents judge me by the Asian Grade Scale, so now you know how hard it is to find a boy like that.
    This boy i like right now is shy, funny, nice, and smart. He's everything I can ever wish for, and we could've been dating if we were 10 years older than we are right now. He's not the type of guy that girls go "Omigod he's so hot" but the kind of guy who will be there for you. And that's why I think he is really handsome.

• The looks draw me in but if he treats me terribly or has a boring personality, he instantly turns ugly in my eyes. I'm then no longer interested. But if a guy who's not super good looking approached me and had a fab personality, I would definitely want to meet him again and potentially develop it further. I've dated a guy who I didn't find that attractive but I liked his personality and he became more attractive due to it.

• Actually appearence is important but not as much as a great personality.
    We girls are not THAT into ur cuteness as much as u guys care about hours!
    We mostly like a guy who is funny,,, confident,, who knows to get dress well,, compliment us in a clever way,,, dont flirt with too many girls,,, a guy who is neat,, and respect the girl.
    This is what we want the most from you.

• It depends on the girl. Some girls go for looks, which I think is really dumb. Others go for personality. I go for personality.

• Its not all about looks but they are important but im sure your fine some girls dont mind if a guys a little chubby just as long as he takes care of him self =)

• That's what attracts them at first but once someone gets to know their personality they forget about the looks.

• It's more important to be beautiful on the inside than the outside and most women can look past your flaws and find the things that are great about you. Girls mostly look past appearance and focus on your personality

• Personality is more important... :)

• Personality is way more important!

What Guys Said 6

• You can't really date someone without being physically attracted to them. It just doesn't work that way. But I'm sure you'll be fine, the hard part is that everyone notices looks first and judges looks, no matter what these GIRLS GETTING YOUR HOPES UP in this question are saying about "inside beauty".

• I'll agree with this. While it's 100% true that women will look to a guy's personality when getting to know him and can become more attracted to a guy from his personality, it's also 100% true that looks play a large factor. Particularly in the beginning. I think women downplay this factor a lot, and it becomes very confusing for guys in the process when women then act the opposite of what they say.

• most girls focus on the personality it seems not vice versa

• I don't know why girls are so in denial about this. Girls, you are all as superficial as us guys. Get over yourselves and be honest for once.

• Depends on which girl. The better looking girls tend to care about looks more because they can. The more intelligence girls have a higher chance of caring about guys with personality more.

• They always say it's not true, but when it comes to reallity they care more about looks than personallity, you know its true

• I used to be really heavy but lost a lot of weight. Women definetly treat me better. it's very true women care a lot about weight but I don't like heavy women so I can't hate.