Is it okay to have an imaginary girlfriend?

I created an imaginary girlfriend about 2 months ago. She's an American Caucasian blonde with a pair of blue eyes and her name is Claire.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is anyone gonna punch you in the face for it? Then yes it's okay :)

• Thanks for the comfort. By the way, do you have an imaginary boyfriend? I'm just curious, that's all.

• Okay...

What Girls Said 6

• Lol. Your description reminds me of her ---> tvmedia.ign.com/.../LostClaire2_1244121880.jpg
    Her name is also Claire.
    To answer your question, if you are older than 18 it's not healthy. If you are younger, then I guess it's okay.

• That's not how my ''Girlfriend'' really looks like. Can I actually send you a photo via message?

• @prog91 I like her too. She is stunning.

• I agree, when she is Belle in Once Upon a Time, I'm in love. I mean, I already had a crush on cartoon Belle when i was like 6, now you cast Emilie as Belle. She's a big part of the reason why I watch the show lol.

• i think that as long as she stays in your mind and u dont go round telling all ur mates about it then you'll still be considered normal.

• What ever floats your boat =)

• *hug* that kinda tugged at my heartstrings a little..

• Sure, don't all guys have them?

• Not all guys have one because those who don't have an ''IGF'' aren't really that open to such ideas and besides, they think that it's stupid.

• They aren't stupid, it's just that they aren't open enough.

• I guess you're right. :)

• Of course it is!

What Guys Said 9

• If you haven't watched the movie "Her" maybe you should. But i would say as long as u dnt start to believe it is real and cause yourself to go mentally ill or unstable... sureeee knock yourself out kid. Im not sure if that's normal but mayb u can ask your mom to go take you to go find out. by the way check that rating out before you watch that movie not sure if you're old enough.

• What's the story about?

• It's about this guy that lives in the future and starts dating his female computer that he can only talk back and forth too.

• I see... but then what happened after that?

• Hey I've been married nearly 40 years! ALL of my girlfriends had BETTER be imaginary! 😃

• i have one too
    so we're imagining brother

• How do you... create an imaginary girlfriend?

• Steps:
      1. Give your imaginary GF a personality that is similar to yours.
      2. Give her some distinctive qualities and imperfections (It doesn't have to be identical to yours).
      3. Give her an appearance. You can do this based on a person you find attractive.
      4. Hang out with ''her'' regularly.

• Nah I mean you can visualize , but to imagine an autonomous free will making person inside your head , that takes something else I don't have.

• Something else? Such as?

• I had one of these when I was 9.

• Do you have sexual encounters with this girlfriend of yours?

• Funny thing. People tend to have an imaginary friend. It's called "God".

But it's just as well-founded as their beliefs. Technically you're just setting yourself up for failure living in a delusion, in my opinion.

• I know that.

• I do not see any benefits either.

• There is, actually.

• It is quite not okay man. You are still young; trust me if you do not turn this into an obsession you can get a real girlfriend. I mean we see how even disgusting guys can have girlfriends.

• its fine. i do the same. better than real. no stds, no pregnancy

• You did that thing with ''Her''?

• Jessica. 5'9''. brunette. mediteranean.

• Mediterranean?