Is dating a 27 year old a bad idea?

I'm 18 and I have had a shit load of things happen to me so I'm pretty mature for my age because I grew a lot from my past experiences. Now I met this 27 year old and I can tell he isn't the type to just have sex and leave and another reason is he is 27 and too old for that shit. I just want to know from the people who have had relationships like this, some tips or why they did or didn't work out

Most Helpful Guy

• There really isn't a problem with older guys in datability.
    They are usually more straight forward with their feelings , if they want to date you they'll say its a date or if its a hangout , its very clear cut and very mature.

What Guys Said 5

• No guy is too old for that shit.. Players come in all ages.. Be skeptical of a guy that much older than you that wants you.. You have to ask yourself why a guy would go for a woman at a completely different stage in life.

• 27 isn't too old for that shit. I know 50yo guys who do that. Age has nothing to do with maturity, so don't use age as a guideline.

So yeah, age is just a number. If you like him, and he likes you, then go for it.

• Hey, if it works it works.

• Using the law of averages I would say that on average older men tend to be more mature, there maybe exceptions to that rule but it still holds true. But I still think he's too old for you.

• don't see anything wrong with it

What Girls Said 6

• Um there's not really a way to say this that won't sound condescending but I'm going to try.

Everyone has hardships in their life, and most people especially around your age overestimate their maturity. I thought myself more mature at 18 than I do now. 27 year olds still totally do that shit by the way it has to do with character not age. You're kind of at a critical age where in the next 5 years or so you're going to change a lot, and he's already been there, done that. You don't know what kind of person you're going to be or what goals you will have or will have accomplished when you come out of that tunnel. I personally think it's too different in terms of where you are in life.

• "he is 27 and too old for that shit."
    You're naive.

• Date him, maturity and wisdom will come from this relationship. Not that I am wishing anything on you, but you said it yourself... you're 18 and you've gone through a lot of shit and are more mature from that. I have no doubt that even if your relationship doesn't work out, you'll take something valuable from it. I could tell you my experience, but It's not necessary in this case :)

• Girl just go for it. I'm more mature then my age to and I find interest in older guys. Age is just a number, love is just love, and you are whatever age you are on the inside

• 27 year old dudes still pull that crap so to assume age = maturity is the problem, not necessarily the age difference.

• I'm similar to you, I've had a lot of experiences that made me mature fast so I prefer older guys. I'm 19 and had sex with a guy who's almost 40 last week (I'd thought he was 30 he lied) so I'd say 27 ain't shit. If you like him go for it!