If a friend tells you you're ugly, and won't ever get a girlfriend so should give up with girls, is he correct?

If he says he's just being honest.

• He's right.
  • No he's not right.

Most Helpful Girl

• this friend could actually be jealous of u
    could be not a friend at all and just fake af.

why i say that is because friends give each other POSITIVE criticism. that is NOT positive. therefore, i dont believe this person is a true friend. their intentions are to psych u out so please dont believe what they say. who r they to tell u that?

what i would do if i were u, is to use that as motivation to be the best u can be. then we'll see how he feels when youv got a girl on ur arm and he's sweepin hallways.

What Girls Said 9

• You should drop the friend, not your pursuit of a girlfriend. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; just because your friend doesn't find you attractive (and is a big enough dick to say so) doesn't mean no girl will. Girls find a lot of handsomeness and beauty from more than what's on the exterior also, so don't fret. I'm sure your friend is going to have a great time looking for someone to hold onto with a bloody blunt mouth like that.

• Don't listen to him. I believe in true love and no matter what you look like someone will love you. Your not ugly.

• What kind of friend is that? Please don't give up on girls because of some @$$.

• nope dude he ain't right

• All in the eyes of the beholder!

• that's a jerk even if he calls you a friend he wants to crush your self confidence i've been with that kind ! looks don't actually matter that much i assure you , some have them and they're still single !

• I think you should give up on the friend that said that.

• He's just an ass.

• A loyal friend should not tell it. It's mean and, even if it's true (well, idk) this is not the job of a friend to criticize but of ennemy.

What Guys Said 8

• With friends like that, I wish for you not to have enemies. Many people hide behind malevolent intentions towards others by saying negative statements under the pretense of trying to give honest advice.

To answer your question; no, not at all. You friend, if that's what you want to call him, simply wanted to bring your self esteem down.

• Here's some little old street wisdom.
    s1.postimg.org/68rynce7h/1349710901203_3194468.png

• he's just being a dick. lol. he's not right bruh.

• If he has the ability to know what is in the minds of every woman on the planet, I'd be inclined to believe him - otherwise I'd take it with a grain of salt.

• he's not a real friend, cut ties with him asap

• You can tell him to go fuck himself.

• It depends, in my case its true.. I haven't had a girlfriend and im 38 years old. Someti es I get depressed but im to scared to hurt myself.. mostly because I dont knoe if there is an after life. i was told by my best friend that I was ugly. It just so happened that he was protecting me from future pain. at least I coupe with it now.

• You should redefine what you think of as a "friend".