Whats everyones thought on teen mothers?

I was a teen mum myself had my daughter at 17, my little boy at 19 and now pregnant with my 3rd and will have him/her when im 21 im from UK so it was all legal over here but wondering why so many people look down at teen mothers? Coz to me it doesn't matter about your age coz that doesn't show your maturity i know lots of parents who are 30 and arnt mature at all

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont and will never look down on teen mothers. i guess some people are against it since most teenagers would have a hard time financially supporting the baby and teenage years aren't meant to be spent with a baby but i personally find it perfectly okay.

What Guys Said 10

• well in the states most people look down on young mothers because they never wanted the child to begin with, it wasn't planned at all. therefore its just them making stupid decisions and that's why they're looked down on IMO.

• All teen moms I know became teen moms because they were stupid. Obviously you're different, but 90% of other teen moms aren't.

Therefore, I'm judgmental towards teen moms and view them as incompetent (teen dad's get the same treatment). Is it right? Definetly not. However, that's how I view them at the moment, for better or worse.

• I think there are too many of them and that they tend to be a burden on their parents and society in general. I love babies, but I think they need responsible adult parents, not kids. Long as you are a good mother though I have no problem with you. You're technically an adult now. Hopefully the kids' father (s) will do their fair share. Teen moms are pretty bad but a lot of the time to be honest the teen dads are way worse.

• Ahh well my first 2 children are with the same guy he's a year older than me and is an alcoholic and smokes weed all the time and has never paid for either child I've done it on my own I've got my own house and a steady income :) the man im with now is a lot better haha

• I just hope the kids turn out alright.

• Yep they have me and thats all they need

• I don't look down on teen mothers who made a mistake or accidentally got pregnant and chose to keep the child. But I do look down on someone who makes the conscious choice to raise children while still being one herself and despite whatever you may think you certainly don't have what it takes as a person to give those kids everything they need to get through life. It certainly doesn't sound mature to me to choose to have three children by the time you're 20.

• I think it's a waste because that's less options for me

• If the father wants to be in the kid's life, and they both have the means to take care of the baby, I have high respect for them. My mom had me a month before she turned 18.

• cause of the TV show: Teen Mom

• I don't like seeing it. I always think that the parents might get bitter at the child later on for robbing them of their youth, mainly cause I've seen it with my mom/her parents

• If you can afford it & are a good mother then what's the big deal?

• Im not saying there's a big deal i just think most teen mums get tarred with the same brush

• that's too young to have a kid. teens should be getting their life and careers together before popping out babies.

What Girls Said 0