Would you really go for someone with great personality but the person is unattractive?

I've just been reading around this site , I'm just unsure if you guys are serious or just being nice. I just want to know what you really think , feel free to go anonymous.

So lets say in looks your and 8/9 or even a 7 . Would you date someone who is less than a 5 in your opinion?

When people say personality etc I just think if their personality is great but not so attractive why not be friends?

But if one was a 6 with a good personality and another was a 9 but shitty attitude I'll def go for the 6 .

Most Helpful Guy

• People generally date people who are of similar levels of attractiveness. I think its kind of like a point system. We judge people based on their looks, status (financial), and personality and place a certain amount of weight in each category. (Im just going to pull these figure out of my ass and make a generalization). Each individual has their own ranking system but on average Id say Guys put 40pts in looks,10pts in status, and 60pts in personality. (guys usually don't care about a girls status as long as she is somewhat independent. We generally don't care if a girl makes 6 figures.) People access themselves according to this point system to give themselves a score and strive to find someone who has an equal or greater score. That's why people say there are leagues, its about having equal point or bringing the same value to the table. Example: Say Girl A is a 9 in looks,10 in status, and 7 in personality. And Girl B has 5 in looks, 10 in status, and 9 in personality). Girl A's score would be:Looks (.9x40=36), Status (1x10=10), Personality (.7x50=35) Total (36+10+35=81) Girls B's score would be Looks (.5x40=20), Status (1x10=10), Personality (.9x50=45) Total (20+10+45=75). So Girl A has a higher overall score according to this particular guys system. Obviously we don't actually make a chart but this is my way of explaining it to you. If you are average in the looks department you really have to have a better personality. And if there is a person who is more attractive with an equal or better personality then they will be chosen over you. This same system can apply to guys but I think girls put 20pts in looks,30pts in status and 50pts in personality.(once again Im just making a generalization). Its not about just looks or just personality, its the whole picture and generally people date people who they perceive to be their equals. I can't prove anything I've just said, It is merely my opinion, so take this post with a grain of salt.

What Guys Said 8

• I have been talking to a girl online, that seems to have a wonderful personality. I haven't met her, and have no idea what she looks like, but even if she were a 3, I would still want to date her. I don't know what she would be like in real life, but her personality, comes across online to be that of a really amazing person. Although to be honest, for all I know she might turn out to be a guy. lol Either way she is an amazing friend to have.

• I personally don't date girls I am not physically attracted to. But I don't date jerks who are 9's either. I just fuck them and move on.

• I'm only going to date a girl I'm attracted to. What I'm into physically isn't what every guy is into though. I may think a girl is an 8 or 9 while another guy thinks she's a 5. I really have my unique preferences and I don't see myself with a girl I'm not attracted to.

• I do need to be attracted to the person for sure, but I also know that my own ideas and feelings about attraction are unique and subjective to me, so I don't worry about what others would think of them.

In short, if I date a person and fall in love with them, there's not a single thing I'd ever want to change about them; they'd be just perfect in my eyes.

• I'd go for neither, I'd like to find someone 'not unattractive' while also finding them likeable as people.

That demand really isn't THAT unreasonable.

• I don't think this can keep up if I have no attraction. it just feels like some friends w benefits. even if other people said my 'gf' is hot but I am not attracted to her it would feel like friends with benefits and nothing else. that would be the real 'friends' with a little sex involved

• I think if you wait and find a 6 or 7 in both appearence and personality ( attitude ) will be better
    That is my opinion

• well beggars can't be choosers.. I have found that if you are an unattractive guy. Don't approach beautiful women.. So in my case I must look for other traits... like a good personality.. I am less than 5. so I don't get many dates.. even women who are less than five have standards.. So they tend to be more picky so I have to spot on with my humor compliments and timing for things or a women just does not return my calls.. So I think it is a must to have a great sense of humor if your unattractive.. Also.. be kind.. when you get older.. you also must have a good job.. or income. cause old creepy guys get better looking when they are driving a BMW wearing nice suits.. They tend to get the good looking women.. Lets face it we are all superficial.. I like to believe their is true love but we know that it is a farce. too many regulations on it.. when I see an ugly guy with an attractive girl or the other way around then I will believe that.. till then.. no such thing...

What Girls Said 1

• As much as it pains me to say this, I really want someone decently attractive. Maybe, around a 7 (and I HATE using attractiveness on a scale). I view myself as a 5 or 6.

But personality is a huge thing too, I will be falling in love with your personality more than your looks. But yes, looks do play a huge role in a relationship.

• finally a women who is honest. thankyou.

• You're welcome. I try to be honest at least 80% of the time. Especially when I'm on line because no one can really judge me. And if they do… Who cares?