Do I have the right to punch a girl if she tries to punch me?

Do i have the right tp punch a girl if she tries punching me? Or should i just stand there and take the hit.

Most Helpful Guy

• No because women aren't adults and can't be held responsible for their actions.

What Girls Said 8

• Only a coward Hits a girl... If anything, grab her from What she is doing and stir her up, jolting her some, and make her realize she can't get away with even Putting her paws on you. xx

• Yes, but please keep in mind most men hit MUCH harder than women. I don't suggest you hit her back though, even if she deserves it. If I were a guy I would restrain her, because if the cops get called they'll probably take her word over yours if she attempts to lie. Not saying she would, but it's not uncommmen.

• You could- But the law is on our side ;)

• Some girl punched my boyfriend when I was pregnant so he tripped her and squished literally EVERYTHING in her purse because he wasn't going to hit her back😧

• No.. in my opinion generally speaking a girl's punch is unlikely to do as much damage as a man's, so the right thing to do is just to take the hit. In fact in general in any fight between anyone its best to just use violence to defend yourself not as a means of inflicting pain peace

• Of course, you do, but only if her punch was totally unprovoked. Otherwise, both of you will be at fault for the fight.

• Yes. But u will get in trouble. Grab her and shake her while yelling "have u lost your mind?" will get your point across much better. You punching her buys her the victim card and u wil be the bad guy.

• You cannot hit a girl.

What Guys Said 11

• Technically yes - she's assaulting you by telegraphing that she's going to punch you. Self-defense. But, you're going to have to prove (in many states) that you could not have moved away from said punch.

Dodging is always better, from a health standpoint.

If you want to press charges, make sure you get hit and have evidence and witnesses. Assault is harder to prosecute than assault and battery. And they're not going to want to believe you, because you're a man.

And no, you should not stand around and 'be a man' and take abuse. Just like women are entitled to an abuse-free existence, so are you.

Go read the stats on spousal killings.

• Just curious, is this derived from the Ray Rice incident? If anyone is offended sorry but the only time I feel its justified hitting a female is when my life or someone I know or love life is in danger. If its just her hitting on me then I gotta remove myself from the situation to avoid things escalating from where they are.

• Never hit a woman. Men are generally strong enough to restrain a women. I was married to a woman who would get very violent at times and when necessary I would simply grab her wrist and hold on till she gave up. I won't say I didn't want to hit her but a man that hits a woman is a coward.

• No one has the right to punch anyone but you have the right for self defense. Perhaps make that your case if you get summoned by the legal justice.

• They'll just play the victim and get you arrested.

• NO you dont

• If it’s a serious punch to the face, torso or growing you have every right to bring your point across that you do not disrespect men just like WE don’t disrespect women in that same sense.
    There’s other ways to get her back and probably much worse than just a punch. I know its reflex but try to hold back from that. Fucking trip her, grab her shoe and throw it on top of a building or somewhere up high. Like some gager said in here, crush her purse. Or humiliate her publicly by calling her names out loud such as a crazy whore, psycho bitch. They hate that. Even though I don’t condone these actions, it’s definitely an option you can go with.

Sometimes women feel they’re too self entitled and need a lesson.

• You do but you'll go to jail anyway

• Dodge or block the blow, unless she is like 400 pounds, then flee for your life.

• Not really. While the law is written so that it will apply to you equally, it will not get enforced equally. You would likely get beaten up by other guys, get arrested, and develop a reputation as a woman beater.

• Morally, yes, Legally, it depends where you are, but in an Anglo jurisdiction probably yes (because Anglo jurisdictions tend to respect the right of self defense)