Ideal Time You Want To Start A Family?

These days, it always seems like people rush to start a family. I know people who are already 21, but they are either married or have kids with their bf/gf... and then become single parents -_-

Ideally, for me, I want to start my family when I am in my 30s (30 at youngest). I just got out of college, and I feel like I haven't really lived my life.

-I want to be able to buy what I want for a bit.

-Buy a Camaro and customize it to my liking.

-Travel a bit.

-Date around a bit and meet people.

-And just meet someone who is down to getting to know me without rushing things.

Starting a family is not a fun and easy thing. I feel like the older you are, the more responsible and mature you will be when you have your first child... and the more knowledge you will have about life in general.

In addition to that, I feel like being financially strapped (hence waiting to 30) would be beneficial. You can't really give your child everything when you are a young parent. When you are older and have things in order, you don't have to struggle much, you can buy your kids things and give your kid a better life if you have a better financial situation.

I also want to know a girl for a long time to see if we are compatible. I don't want to raise a child as a single father. I think that have two parents together and in the picture makes for a better life for a child.

That's just my two cents. I am 23 right now... but I would want to start a family in my early to mid 30s, if possible. Just live life first and then have a family.

What about the rest of you guys?

• 18-21
  • 22-25
  • 26-29
  • 30+

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok please don't start your family too early, it will ruin you FOREVERRRRR. Also try not to start it too late, don't want to produce your own grandchildren lol. I honestly am going for 22-28. As long as you're mature and you really love the person you're having intercourse with I think 22 is fine. But to be honest, i'd really start at about 25-28. You really do want to be mature, not just for your sake, for the baby's sake. You also don't want it to get caught up in your studies like college if you're in a college or going to one. So yes 25-30 (sorry I keep changing my numbers! Just in short any age between 25-30 is perfect lol!)

What Girls Said 11

• My fiance and I would like to have a child by the time we are 30. I think late 20's is a pretty good time to start.

• I'm 34 & still don't feel ready, or stable enough in life to support a child. I always hear that the timing is never gonna be right until it just happens. But, I make sure it doesn't "just happen" lol

• It's not about age really, it's more about my lifestyle. Right now it's crazy and dangerous on occasion. I don't get paid a ton of money and I move around too much. I'd also like to get a ring on it before having my own little crib midgets, and that's gonna take a while since I don't feel like getting hitched anytime soon.

• like soon... within the next year or two :p

i would hate to have the fate of most women on my dad's side of the family... old maid

most women on my mom's side had kids in their teens and since i'm obviously past that... yeah...

• ummm like... next year \(//∇//)\

• I got pregnant at 19.. so I started my family a little early 😋

• Hm... first I have to find him. Then go from there? Lol.

• 23 would be my ideal, that way I would be young enough to spend quality time with my children and be able to do things I wouldn't if I were older. I guess I like that idea. I'd like to be a good mother.

• Married by 24/25 and so on from there

• I want to get married around 30 maybe. I'm 22 right now and in grad school. I'll graduate when I'm 23 and then I'm moving somewhere new for a job where I don't really know anyone. I really enjoy living by myself and think I need more time to just live by myself and do what I want. I'll probably want to get married eventually, plus I have a few more personal goals I want to achieve before being permanently tied to someone. I don't want kids so I have no age for that.

• Maybe married by 25 and a baby by 28. My boyfriend. My husband will be 3 or more years older, so kids should be okay. I'm really conflicted with wanting to have kids and getting married at this point in my life. Pushing something bigger than a turd out of my body just does not sound appealing, you know?

What Guys Said 4

• i voted D. I'd rather wait until my 30's. By then, the U. S. + the western world will look more like eastern Europe after it has its major financial wiplashing, and it will be a lot easier for me as a guy who women don't take much interest in atm to actually get a relationship going. The only work that needs to be done between then and now is building/holding on to capital

• If you are still writing here that the time has not come yet...

• Well, this is a bit awkward, within the next 5 years.

• Never I don't like kids. I want to find a girl and get married ASAP though.