When you go on a date, do you carefully consider what you're going to eat?

I recently came across this article on GAG: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a6778-put-it-down-food-to-never-eat-on-the-first-date

It got me wondering about how many people actually really think about what to eat and what not to eat on a first date. So, is this something you are picky about when you go out to eat on a date with a new person? Do you order "safe" foods that won't get stuck in your teeth and is not too messy? Or do you not care and just order whatever you want?

• I don't care, I just order whatever food I like.
  • I only order "safe" foods that won't cause an embarrassing moment
  • Other/see results

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never been on a date soooo that would answer that. Although if I did, I wouldn't care. I'll eat all the garlic and meat I want XD

What Guys Said 12

• ill eat whatever TBH. I figure if I got her on a date I impressed her already hahaa.

• Im actually weird on this one. I am a vegetarian, so if I happen to know the girl is a vegan I will order something vegan so I will not hear anything about it. And If she is neither I won't order something to make it obvious I am vegetarian... example = tofu, veggie burger.

• If i had a girl on date i would hope she be comfortable eating
    whatever she wanted and when i went out with my ex-gf's
    we just ordered whatever food we decided on we made
    mutual agreement it was no biggy

• Yeah, that's kind of how I've always been. Just order what I want. Lol

• Always take care. No garlic for instance :P

• Not that I have ever been on one, but I would definitely know what I am ordering before hand (at least for the first few dates). Sometimes I have a tough time deciding what I want to eat, and I don't want to get stuck without being able to decide! (lol - Maybe it would make for funny conversation, though!)

• If I Were on a date I would be careful on what I eat, no garlic, ribs...

• I've never went on a date but I would probably get like anything I wanted besides like something really messy like ribs

• I'd just avoid milk products and bring gum for after dinner; other than that I don't really care.

• Why would you avoid milk products? Lol I can't think of anything gross or messy about that.

• lactose intolerant

• Ohh okay, that makes a lot of sense now. I can see how that would be problematic, especially on a date. Lol

• I just never order anything way too sloppy. but now that i've been in a relationship longer, we feel pretty open to food so we order anything that we want without a thought haha.

• I have never seen any of the women I've dated eat. For a while, I thought women didn't eat at all.

• Oh my gosh, really? That's so crazy. Whenever I go on a date, I just order whatever I want. I have never put that much thought into it.

• I exaggerate a tiny bit, for humorous effect, but I've seen women cover their mouths with napkins while chewing, and actually had them avoid putting anything into their mouths until I was looking at something else.

• I order whatever I please when I'm on a date, if she doesn't like it then she can head for the exit.

• not really, i order some curry and eat it until i burp

What Girls Said 4

• Normally I pick pasta or hamburger. Safe, not too expensive and not messy.

• The only reason I don't think about it is because my anorexia prevents me from eating anything other than salad when I'm at restaurants, people staring at me grosses me out😧

• Noodles and salad are foods that I will never eat on a date... I hate dropping food and salads take a long time to eat for me, because you can't really cut at a leaf and too big of bites. No, just now -.-

• I order non messy foods that are easy to eat. Eating with someone you don't know isn't very attractive. We are not pretty when we chew and swallow!

• haha! I guess so, this is just something I had never really thought about so when I saw that article, I was like "People really take the time to think about what to eat on a date?" Lol Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just never thought it was something that a lot of people did.

• Lol yes. I'm very aware of it during the beginning stages of dating but after a while when I'm comfortable with the person, I don't care anymore and eat what I want lol