Is she playing mind games with me or did I screw up when asking her out?

Me
35 minutes ago
night (:

Girl
35 minutes ago
Ok. Goodnight

Me
37 minutes ago
Cool, well I'll talk to you later I guess. I have class tmrw, so I have to get off.

Girl
38 minutes ago
Good. I like talking to you too

Me
40 minutes ago
I'm not too worried. I have girls in the masses wanting to talk to me. I just wanted to give you a chance, that's all. Plus, I enjoy talking to you.

Girl
42 minutes ago
Don't worry, if that happens I'll definitely tell you. I'm not the kind of person to leave someone hanging

Me
44 minutes ago
That's perfectly fine. But if you change your mind, let me know at least.

Girl
45 minutes ago
I still want to meet you, I just need to figure out when I can.

Me
49 minutes ago
I'm awkward too. I am infamous for my awkwardness, haha. I am one of the least judgmental people you could meet. But it's up to you.

Girl
51 minutes ago
I know. I'm just awkward about things like this so there's that...

Me
58 minutes ago
It's fine, relax. I'm not going to judge or pressure you. I wouldn't be asking you out if that were the case. I am easy going, I just want to talk to you in person and get to know you, that's it.

Girl
1 hour ago
No, I do. I'm just not good at these things, they actually freak me out a lot

Me
1 hour ago
I don't badger girls into dating me, I just don't. If you want to do something, great. If not, that's ok too.

Girl
1 hour ago
Ok cool.

Me
1 hour ago
That's fine.

Girl
1 hour ago
I'll get back to you on that

Me
2 hours ago
Just let me know what day you are free.

Girl
2 hours ago
It depends on the day

Me
2 hours ago
Do you want to plan on meeting for lunch?

Girl
2 hours ago
Yeah

Me
2 hours ago
For sure. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to meet up sometime, maybe grab a bite to eat?

• She is playing mind games with you
  • She is second guessing herself and not interested now
  • I screwed up badly
  • She is sincerely interested
  • Other (Please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• she wasn't playing mind games at all. she was the most straightforward and simple one in the whole conversation.
    you kept trying to explain yourself to convince her to say "OH YES, FOR SURE" to meeting you.
    All she was saying was that she needed to find time for you and told you to not worry about not getting an answer: "Don't worry, if that happens I'll definitely tell you. I'm not the kind of person to leave someone hanging."
    And then you took it further to saying
    "I'm not too worried. I have girls in the masses wanting to talk to me. I just wanted to give you a chance, that's all. Plus, I enjoy talking to you."
    That's an idiotic thing to say. That's basically telling her that you don't even care if she rejects you because you have a ton of girls lined up behind her that you'll enjoy talking to as well. That's a total turn off. I'd say "no" to dating you if I were her.

What you do is stop explaining yourself and let her judge you for herself. All the things you're saying about yourself means nothing. Your actions prove what you are.

What Girls Said 3

• Sure she's interested in you, said she wanted to do something with you but just needs to see when and admitted hook-ups like this tend to freak her out (understandable, if you've never met in person before). So don't worry, she'll let you know one way or the other. Ya did make yourself seem just a tad arrogant by mentioning you have mass girls waiting to talk to you... which is something we girls would rather not know! Just imagine how comfortable you would feel if a girl said she has mass guys waiting to talk to her? Its not such a big deal that a guy saying that wld mk me suddenly not interested in him (unless he said stuff like that all the time). As nobody wants that kind of competition.

• You were too nonchalant about it. The attitude of "take it or leave it" She was confused about what you really wanted I think.

• What do I do at this point? I like her a lot.

• It's always a risk when dating. You have to put yourself in a vulnerable place, otherwise it's just childish games. She probably see's you like a "player" so you may be doing too good of a job of hiding your true feelings. But here's the thing, you are on to something. You also don't want to look too desperate either. It's a fine line. We girls do get turned off it you come on too strong. But you can't come off too nonchalant either. Some guys know how to balance that. And maybe a guy can give you a better answer for that part as I can not explain. I do know one thing, confidence is the key but not cockiness. Learn the difference. I can see that is what you were trying to show but it just didn't come off that way unfortunately.

• yeah, I would probably give it 2 days and then try again. that way is doesn't see you coming... a little mystery is good.

• She liked u and was just being honest about her anxiety. U playing the "I'm big stud card" all the while acting desperate was confusing. And hurtful. Im sure she's wondering if she even continue to like u let alone if she should even go on the date.

• Thing is, I really like her a lot. I am a 20 year old guy who has never had a girlfriend or sex in that matter, and I used arrogance to mask my insecurities. I just felt she was backing out of it, so I threw that in to try to make her think about it.

But is it too late to correct that error. Can I recover from it and ask her again?

• Be honest. Tell her you like her a lot and just didn't know what she felt. Women love it when men show their vulnerability. ... especially in small doses and only with us. Then talk about the date u have planned. Try to involve something she said she likes. Like a movie she mentioned she likes or her favorite restraunt or give her flowers. But dont go overboard! You are already on thin ice and it might freak her out. U want her to know u think she's special. So choose one of my suggestions for date ideas. And make sure it's a date... hanging out in your living room sofa watching a movie she has already seen is NOT a date. And no girl thinks it is. Even if u order pizza.

• Thank you. She is an 18 year old high school senior, I am 20. I don't know if there is a different approach I must take.

What Guys Said 4

• Wait I'm confused reading ur post, am I seeing this right? It went on for another hour an half after u said night?

If that is what happened, thats a big no.
    Ure making her lose interest,
    Always keep the talks short, respond and answer but don't explain ur self and do not speak of other girl options that u have.

If she's interested in u, then its Safe to say she finds u attractive, ure already desirable to her. No need to make ur self look desirable.

And the less she knows about the better, let ur self stay mysterious
    If she's also nervous about u, thats a good thing, let her be nervous and insecure with u.
    Then she will have to see u, or shell be worried ull lose interest.
    Its sweet of u to assuring her but that doesn't happen with words, over time she'll start to become comfortable with u.. Thats why we go on dates.. Dates are not for us men to become comfortable.. Dates are so women can become comfortable with us,

Also don't ask when she's free
    Just think of a decent date/time and ask if that time frame works, if it doesn't work for her, she should counter offer a better time and day.

Ifes really interested she'll see u

• why the hell did you mention other girls? even if she realized that you still shouldn't openly mention it:P you kinda dropped the ball there. her answers went from barely interested to no effort. bruh you gotta just ease off, you don't have to explain yourself.

• Hold on I'll get my expert IM analyzation crew on this right away.

• This sounds like a fake conversation? Who talks like that? 'I don't badger girls' 'I have girls talking to me in mass' ? Like what random things to say to a girl.

• This is a real conversation.

Keep in mind I am 20, only been on 2 dates, and never had a girlfriend and still a virgin

• Do you think I screwed up to the point of no return. Meaning, can I recover from this to ask her out again?

• Dude without actually knowing the girl I can't really say. Every girl is different. If you wait a day or two and see what happens she might forget about it and everything will be okay. Or she may have been weirded out and she's done with you. Can't really say without knowing the girl.