Should I meet up with this guy at my school for lunch?

This random guy that messaged me on Facebook claiming that he goes to my college messaged me at 2 A. M. saying, "Hey wanna meet up for lunch tomorrow"? Should I meet up with him? I want to but I don't want to take the chance of being kidnapped or raped. He is 22.

Most Helpful Guy

• I bet you have seen him around and probably even talked to him before. He has you phone number right? Also meeting in a public place for lunch doesn't sound like something a kidnapper would ask you to do with him. Last time I checked a rapist has never been able to rape someone during a public lunch either. So why not have lunch and if you feel anything weird just leave.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you choose to meet him for lunch then you need to be safe about it. Tell some friends, make the lunch in a very public place even bring a friend with you.

You stated that he messaged you on facebook, there are so many stalker types that look at other people's profiles and friends list and then just randomly messages people that may or may not have the right intentions. When meeting someone from online there is never enough security precautions you can put in place.

Maybe you could look at his friends list and see if you two have friends in common and ask those friends about who he is. If you do not have any friends in common then I would be very careful about meeting and make sure it is in a very public place and probably bring a friend with me. I would definitely tell a friend and let them know if they don't hear from me by a certain time to call me or come by where I was meeting the person to make sure things were okay. That way if they do go wrong someone knows what you were doing and has all the information that may be needed to give to authorities.

However I am also old, and have a kids as well as a degree in technology which makes me distrust people even more. Me personally I probably would not meet up with them if I did not know them, recognize their pictures from places I go like work or school and did not have any friends in common on Facebook with them. But that is just me. Remember anyone can make a Facebook account. Anyone can say whatever they want in cyberworld.

What Guys Said 2

• lolwut?
    Random guy asking for lunch?
    Do you even know him?

• Just dont go alone or get in the car with him! He could possibly take u sumwhere and do dat stuffs to u since u barely know him.

What Girls Said 1

• Just meet him in public, don't go anywhere private until you get to know him. Of you finish and he's creepy say you need to work on an essay, and go. If you like him and think he's fun get his number and ask to walk around or meet up again. :)