Not kissing on first date is that a turn off? Lets hear it from guys and girls!?

I went on my first date ever and we spent about 5 hours the guy was touchy feely at first i kinda felt awkward but i didn't stop him. Then by the end he grabbed me and pulled me close and leaned in to kiss me.. i backed off and said no no eww not my first kiss.. I don't know why i said that but it just came out of my mouth! wtf! then he tried many times and he wanted me to touch him down there.. and i just couldnt i kinda felt weird.. was i being awkward or normal? and is he a good guy.. i m not sure how this is supposed to work since it was my first date ever! so please help me out guys?

• Yes
  • No
  • I dont know

Most Helpful Guy

• No its not a turn off, actually its very respectful and admirable..

What's a turn off is if the girls too easy, I try not to sleep with my dates till the 3rd, I've had several of dates where they'd try to get invited to my apt from the first date, or seduce me sexually.. I don't call them back,

If he's looking for something more, he will respect u as a women and respect ur actions till YOU invite him first

What Guys Said 4

• OK I wasn't sure what the poll question was but I'll answer this.

The guy was just looking for sex. So you backing off was normal. The guy sounds like a perv.

My personal feeling is kiss on the first date if there is chemistry felt and if no kiss is made, chances are there is no chemistry. But this varies with the person. Some like to hold off, others don't. Some sleep on the first date, others don't.

• I feel if I didn't get so much as a kiss or any of what I like to call "Evidence of interest" I conclude that I have indeed wasted my time on a first date.

I feel the same about a kiss on the first day as a woman does about a man paying for her on their first meal.

• I don't think a kiss is too much to expect. I'd think there was no interest, if I didn't get a hug and a kiss.
    I don't expect to get banged on a first date, but it has happened.

• when he pulled me closer i was on top of him it was really hot but then i was resisting he tried to kiss me many times i kept going close and come right back lol he was going crazy with my behavior! he wouldn't leave me at all first date started from 4pm-10pm lol wth he wanted me to stay longer but i left

• It wouldn't be turn off for me, if we've had a great date and got on well and the girl thinks it is too soon to kiss, then i'll respect her decision, there's no rush, there will be more dates, so it wouldn't be an issue to me.

• well i did go on second date with him and he didn't even touch me once then later after i left he wanted to meet again and do "something" lol i declined and next day he friendzoned me! so is it my fault?

• so i should even withhold the dirty talk on texting? and drop it if they do?

• I wouldn't do it myself, but if it's something you want to do, then that's down to your own discretion. I'm not going to tell you what to do, I can only offer you advice.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends how he took it. If i went on a date and he wouldn't kiss me even if i was hinting.. i'd be thinking like "is there anything wrong with me." and i would actually be extremely offended.
    I think he will still like you considering he tried a lot more times after and tried to do more with you.
    Just see how your next date goes or how he acts from now on.. you will see.
    I wouldn't be turned of as such, i'd just be like "why the hell won't he kiss me"

• i went on the second date and it was very formal he didn't try to touch or anything.. we shook hands and i left lol then he called me and wanted to meet up and do something later on it was an hint that he wants to do something in the car.. i said no i cannot meet lol the next day he friendzoned me wtf! hahah was he just looking to screw around or actually have something?

• but i am sort of confused that he behaved really decent on the second date? why didn't he try touching me then?

• Ah I dont know, maybe he thought he turned you off if he tried touching you alot.. so tried to seem formal and decent.. then thought it worked but then you didn't want to go with him in his car.. and he realized you weren't easy so friend zoned you

• I don't think it's a requirement... but there's a big difference between kissing and him 'touching you down there' on the first date when you aren't comfortable with it

• it's not a turn off but a kiss is always the deciding factor