What is this huge deal women make over tattoos? Whats so great about marking yourself? They think it makes men so hot. Gross?

They think cuz a guy has a tattoo he's cooler than the next guy

Women think because a guy doesn't have a tattoo he isn't hot and he has no mystery to him.. think about it if every body has tattoos what is so mysterious about them

Most Helpful Girl

• For the same reason people make a big deal over their choices of music, hobbies, and entertainment: because they like it. Do you question why some people like onions and some don't? Just one of those preference things.

That being said, I personally have tattoos of my own, but that doesn't mean I like any and all tattoos, just as I don't like any and all men, just as I don't like any and all men with tattoos. I do enjoy exploring people's tats in general, asking for the stories behind them and finding which artists to check out/stay far away from. It's just fun. From my experience, tattoos are mostly personal, selfish kind of things--everyone I know seems to have gotten it just because a certain image or idea stood out to them so profoundly that they wanted to carry it with them always. The "just because" ones are entertaining, too.

I will point out, however, that my boyfriend doesn't have or intend to add any ink ever, and I'm perfectly okay with that. Doesn't make him any less desirable or attractive to me.

dig?

What Girls Said 15

• I don't give a shit about tattoos as long as they're not stupid. They don't make someone more attractive. They're just there. But if it's a stupid looking tattoo, it's obviously going to make said person less attractive. You're making generalizations about women. Some don't even like tattoos at all. You need to calm yourself lol.

• I've been out and gotten the cold shoulder, a guy with tats walks bye and he's mister bad boy.. Anyone can get a tattoo

• Then you're setting yourself up for failure, which is your own fault.

• I like girls who are wild

• Nice generalization. Who said that all women think that way about guys with tats? I sure don't. A tattoo doesn't make somebody more or less attractive to me.

• Thats because you are smart

• First of all, I don't do anything to my body just so men think I am hot. I do what I want to my body first for me.
    I have 12 tattoos, but I don't think that means I am cooler than anyone, just like having a certain haircut or outfit doesn't make anyone cooler than anyone else. I love my tattoos because they allow me to decorate my body and express myself the way I want to.

As for not liking guys with tattoos, I have have dated plenty of guys who didn't have any tattoos. My current boyfriend has a few, but I didn't even know that when we first started dating. It's fun that we share that interest but I never would have considered that a deal breaker.

• Tattoos are a nice art form, it's a highly self expressive one too. Some just look bad but usually they are good. Im not a huge tattoo fan but if I were to get one I'd be a Hiawatha belt.

• I love tattoos. I love men with them. I love women with them. But the hard part is, most people who don't have tattoos dot like them, and think they're unattractive, so I usually try to look for a SO that's into them

• I'm not a fan of the tattoos. I mean if they have one or two, okay I guess. But i hate when a super cute guy is tatted up. I'll still like him, just not as much. As for me, I used to want a tattoo but I think about ink poisoning and the pain. But if I could handle it, I'd get two in bracelet style. One would be my name tattooed around my wrist and the other would be my Mom, Sis, and Grandparents names tattooed around one ankle. But yea, I think i'll pass :)

• See the tattoo you described below is beautiful.. I just dont like that women think that guys that dont have tatts are square and aren't cool

• Aww thanks then :-)

• You're welcome

• I have tattoos myself (8 and counting), but tattoos aren't a requirement for me to see a guy as a potential mate. A hot guy is a hot guy, whether or not he's tattooed. Just like a hot girl is a hot girl, inked or not.

Maybe what you've seen is girls gravitating towards hot guys, period. The guys are hot to begin with, and they just happen to have tattoos.

• Just throwing this out there, but if he has tattoos he might be more open to body modification and taking care of his body in general. It's not concrete, but it's something I've noticed.

• How is marking your body up body modification, if anything you are making it worse.. And bull I've seen fat guys with tattoos so there goes your theory.. Anyone can get one

• *cough cough* *spits out* coffee... Women should like you? No woman has to like you. The biggest misconception of our time is that, because you are male means that there is one woman for you. That is so not true which is why a lot of men are getting left behind. No woman is obligated to like you.

• I think there's somone for everyone.. I was married once and have had plenty of gfs

• My boyfriend has a tattoo below his back add to that his body full of muscles. Oh damn he's sooooo hot and sexy, for me i wouldn't date a guy without any tattoos or muscles.
    So yes Tattoos + muscles = hot & sexy :)
    Nothing personal I'm just saying my opinion.

• Oh so that makes soneone better? What about on the inside

• How is he bad? What does he do bad?

• %91 bad as i said before. It's something about threaten, killing ( he was going to kill someone) but he didn't and fighting and there's other stuff.

• I would actually prefer a guy that doesn't have a tattoo. I mean if he has tattoos I don't mind, it suits some guys.

• I've dated a guy with no tattoos. I've dated a guy with one tattoo. I've dated a guy with multiple tattoos. Don't overgeneralize.

Why do men make a big deal over boobs?

• I hate to break it to you but I think guys with some tattoos and guys without any at all are equally hot. It has to do more with the entire package. Personality, confidence, looks, kindness.

• 10 below said that having tattoos is a symbol that you take care of your body

• That's their opinion. I've seen some really out of shape people with tattoos.

• i prefer without

• Thats because you're smart

• I dont like tattoos either but it gives off a bad boy vibe. That could be why girls like them.

• It's just another way to express themselves. I have 9 tats myself.

What Guys Said 8

• The answer to these every question you or any could possiy have about other people's choices of expression is simply that humans tend to have different aesthetic taste on the individual level. People like different things. That's as deep as you need to go to understand. So girls think it's hot some don't. Some people are like marking their bodies, some people don't. Simple as that. And we are all allowed to have opinions on it. Positive, negative, whatever your own conclusion is. But it is your own conclusion and others will vary because we all have different taste in everything. We can get all bent out of shape about it or accept it for what it is. One of these is the better option, and surprisingly it's the on that takes the least amount of effort to excersize.

• It does matter if you're getting rejected because you dont have one

• Not easy to get over if you can't get a gf because of it

• I highly doubt you can't get a girlfriend only because you don't have a tattoo. That would be a grossly exaggerated belief to have and a big assumption. I guarantee you that isn't your problem, if you have one. You might just be picking the wrong girls, mate.

• It's really hit or miss with women liking guys with tattoos honestly. The ones who do just seem like they want all link but many do not like it either.

• And women say men are shallow creatures. I completely agree about tattoos. But the way I look it, if some girl wants to go after a guy who's done up like a prison thug, she gets the treatment she deserves.

• I don't like tattoos or piercings. They just make a person look trashy in my opinion.

• C:\Users\bernard\Pictures\Randomn Fashion\Bad Boy 1 (L-Sit). jpg

Women love that bad boy look.
    Don't care if they don't want you for not having tattoos, not all women want that guy.

• Maybe it shows a wild/rebellious side as well as having the confidence to display a tattoo visibly and not giving a fuck what people think of it. That's my impression of tattoos anyway.

• I dont have them so does that make me less wild and rebellious. its not rebellious to get a tattoo when its a fad now

• It's one way to show it, there are other avenues too. If you think about it there isn't really a way to be rebellious anymore if you are going by how many people have already done something similar. Motorcycles, rock bands, drugs etc are all associated with rebellion even though tons of people have already done it to the point of it being a cliche. Tattoos should be for yourself, taking a stand to express yourself in a way for everyone to see and not caring. I don't agree with the idiots who get movie characters, quotes, tribal tattoos or Hindi/Chinese writing when they can't even understand the language, or other dumbs stuff like that. But a tasteful original piece is always appreciated in my book.

• Hilarity ensues once these men get old... and they got tattooes.
    Tattoos look stupid. Immature girls fall for this "mysterious" b/s.

• Girls competing with girls.

Guys in general (majority, there's a strong minority who do) don't like girls with tats.

Girls with tats don't get the best jobs based on looks; waitress jobs in Vegas, etc, etc.

And we can all laugh at them when they're 60, and have droopy betty boops from their sagging flesh :D

• Lol.. They also think if a guy doesn't have a tattoo he isn't cool

• I will say one nice thing about tats. You can tell whether or not someone has good taste in art by how they adorn themselves permanently.

So yeah ladies, I'm totally going to judge you on your 16yo (or 18yo) self's sense of style. :D

• This one girl said above that having tats is a symbol of a guy is taking care of his body. I know fat guys who have tattoos