Physically attracted to someone?

There's a guy that I am physically attracted to but he has a girlfriend. I'm not that type of woman to break up anyone's relationship so I try to avoid him. But it's really hard not to look at him every time I see him. He's added me on instagram and liked some pics. Then he deleted his instagram. I added him on facebook. We haven't really had a conversation just hi and how are you... How can I stop being physically attracted to him?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't stop being physically attracted to someone you just have to learn to look at it differently. Just because you desire something doesn't mean you need to have it or that you should go get it. Imagine seeing a block of solid gold on a rock in a volcano. you look at it and think I want that gold but you don't go after it because it's dangerous and you'll get burned. So you walk away sad until you forget about it. Now think of seeing that same piece of gold in an old poor sickly ladies house you could easily walk in and take it from her but you probably won't. You want the gold but you didn't go after it and everything was okay afterwards. Now for some reason if we put that gold out in a safe unattended field with a sign that says free gold people feel like they need to grab it. They can't possible let that gold just sit there. I mean it's free gold and it's so easy to go grab. But why's this gold any different? You've walked away from the gold two times before and felt perfectly fine about it later but because this gold is free and easy you suddenly can't control yourself. You didn't need the gold anymore than you did before and that gold could have been given to someone who truly needed it. You can you just choose not to. What I'm saying is look at the guy enjoy the guy but know you don't have to go after him and you won't feel bad (unless you make yourself feel bad) about letting him go. Nothing bad will happen if you don't go after him despite what your brain is telling you. I do it with about 90% of the girls I meet. It gets real easy after a while.

What Guys Said 5

• Physically attracted you will always be, no longer having feelings for him so its no longer an issue is possible.
    All you have to do is to stop fantasizing about him! No fantasy's of how awsome he is, how you two would be together and especially not anything sexual. Your mind can't tell these apart from reality so it creates even more feelings.

Every time it happens just think of someone else and have the feelings move away, i personally advice someone who you will never ever meet so once your feelings are attached to them it will be easy to get rid of them.

• Are u juz gonna let him use ur body and thats it? Naive gurls.. smh

• Excuse me?

• Obviously you read wrong because I never said we had sex. by the way we never have. So read correctly before you say something rude. Bye!

• No im juz saying. I know that y'all never have but im sure thats what ur looken for in him >.>
      Juz dont attempt to steal him for dat reason ;P

• Are you rarely physically attracted to people? I don't see that as a bad thing.

• I have been but then the person normally does something to turn me off of the attraction.

• There is nothing wrong with being attracted to someone, but respect his relationship and who knows maybe he will break up with his current girlfriend and you will get your chance

• I do respect his relationship which is why I try to avoid him at all costs. And maybe they will break up, maybe they won't.

• Good luck though :)

• You can't so just stay back and if his relationship doesn't work out you can put yourself out their. But dont be the other girl that's not a good place to be.

What Girls Said 2

• you can focus on other things, like friends, studies, sports and it will slowly fade away. I have the same problem, but we live together, he's my roomate, so you can imagine the pain in the ass.

You'll be fine!

• Lol I have been studying and everything else but this attraction has been there for over a year.

• Well, how about some alternative stuff? Meditation for example!

• Maybe I need to try that.

• It's fine aslong as you dont act on it