What does a guy have to do, to get the girl?

I'm not the cool guy type. I don't follow trends, or listen to popular music. I dress well, and take good care of myself. I have many hobbies, and many qualities that people enjoy, such as being a good cook, a musician, a former Army soldier, and a film school student. My initial appearance isn't flashy or eye catching. I have many girlfriends who are married, that seem to love my personality and character, perhaps even more than their own husbands. What do I have to do to gain a pretty girl's attention, without becoming someone I am not? Is there such a thing as living in the wrong area for the type of person I'd like to meet? I have the worst luck with ladies, but the ladies who are off limits, seem to love me. Even if I have similar interests as the girl, I still can't get any points over the jerks they'd rather date.

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, surround yourself with women who aren't married. Sure it might be an ego booster to have their interests, but that's as far as it goes with them. And if one lets it go any farther, than you'll both be in a messy situation. Plus, married women usually have married friends, so that's not going to help you.

Sounds like meeting girls through school might be your easiest option. Also, find your funny side. Girls like eye candy, but humor usually works just as well. A guy can be a total nerd or even a total jerk, but if he's funny, he can usually win her heart.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm sure you've heard this many times, but BE WHO YOU ARE! There's nothing more important.

You might be able to pretend someone you are not to get some girl's attention for a while, but can you pretend for the rest of your life?

So be honest, be genuine, be respectful, be the best version of your own self, and let your real qualities attract the right girl for you.

• First of all, thank you for serving our country. As for getting a girl, I'm sorry it's been so hard for you. This site gives some better tips then I could come up with http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Girlfriend

• Keep meeting girls until you find one who wants you to get her.

What Guys Said 1

• You have to want her.

You also have to know that you can get her... even if you cannot.

Confidence is one thing.. but if you're BSing... And you;re not a BSer, it won't work.

Listen to your gut. Your instincts. If you have a "peace" about talking to a girl, go ask her. Don't try and bypass that peace or walk on it... instead, walk IN it, and use it to be relaxed. You will see qualities in her soul and heart just by looking at her- all guys do- we just don't realize it.

Take in those little whispers of info about her, and hold them close to your heart... Like a prize if you "get" her.

My personal advice to you is not to screw it up with sex. If you discover that she is a keeper, and you spend the time to get to know and love her, save sex for the honeymoon.