Can a Girl Make the First Move?

Can she go ahead and ask him out to hang out?

Or will she come off too forward if she hardly knows him.

What are your thought? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, who said they can't?

What Guys Said 3

• Yes. Depends on the guy. I recommend being subtle. He'll eventually figure it out. My wife kept taking the long way from class to see me at my job. Just friendly and took an interest. Always looked her best. When I finally asked her out she was like yeah!!! Took me a few weeks but I figured it out. Married 11 years.

• Yes, in this day and age where social norms are changing and people want to be equal, it should totally be acceptable for a woman to ask a man to either hang out or on a date. Just because the traditional sense is that the man still has to ask the woman, doesn't mean you can't ask him. Many shy guys, myself included would find a burden lifted if the woman he fancied made the first move

• Ok! Thanks.

As I said it Waterways, what happens if this guy is really friendly and outgoing? Would it seem weird? As again, some guys feel obliged to make the first move.

• Yes. Most guys would probably welcome it since it is so rare, especially shy and introverted types.

• What about if the guy was extroverted, and outgoing?

• I think extroverted, outgoing guys would still appreciate it for the most part, although there are some guys out there who are into the whole "chase" aspect and may be off-put.

It would probably just go a bit differently striking up a conversation with an outgoing vs a shy guy. The former would most likely be quicker to help carry the conversation whereas with a shyer guy you'd probably need to carry more of the conversation because they may not know exactly what to say (at least initially).

What Girls Said 2

• Do whatever you want. But NEVER tell him you love him first.

• A girl can make the first move.