What's the safest way to meet a guy on Tinder?

I got matched up with a guy in the city I'm currently in and he seems pretty cool and nice - with flirts of course because it is Tinder. He gave me his number to text him and I did and now he is asking to "hang out"/"meet up" this week because its the "only week" he is in town until he leaves for a few weeks for work. I feel that this is kind of sketchy and I did do a Facebook search and it says he is in a relationship
1) how can I ask if he has a girlfriend without being direct about it?
2) I feel that this is sketchy and I have tried pushing him away but it doesn't seem to work.
3) I'm "18" (turning 18 in october) and he's 21... how safe is this?
4) what is the process I should follow if I DO want to meet up with him? I've heard about skyping but can someone go more in depth?

Sorry for such a long question, but I just don't want to be catfished. Thanks! (:

Most Helpful Guy

• Always meet in a public place for the first time, so if you don't like him or he is not who he seemed you can get away easily. 18-21 is fine, honestly the first girl I met up with was 16 when I was 21 (honestly didn't realise how young she was at first). That is the only girl I have ever met from the web, and I found her on a different site not tinder. I have no luck with tinder at all. If anyone lives near Manchester :) give me a buzz :)

What Guys Said 3

• I always thought tinder was just used for women to boost there egos and feel good about themselves, matched with 20 women over 4 days.

• I don't even know what Tinder it, but I assume some kind of dating site/apps.

• I HATE Tinder gahhh I cannot even get a match. Meet in a public place for the first time.

What Girls Said 1

• If I would Facebook a guy I am talking to on tinder and see he is 'in a relationship' I wouldn't go on a date with him.. why would he put that on his Facebook page if he doesn't have a relationship? Only reason it might be on there is if he only just broke up and hasn't removed the status yet to not hurt the other person. But thats a very small chance. The age difference is all right, and for the process, I would just meet up with him in a bar or coffee bar you are familiar with.. and tell one of your friends you're going on a tinder date so they know where you are.
    Could you have a look at my question :)? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1137910-guys-girls-please-help-outgoing-guy-seems-really-different-when-he