Is it too soon to tell him I love him?

We've been dating for 2 months. We've both admitted to having strong feelings for each other. The phrases "I like you a lot, that's the problem." "I really like you, okay?" "If I fall, would you catch me?" and "You have no idea what you mean to me" are all a daily occurrence. He also jokes about us being married to me, and with his friends/family. We see each other everyday, and when we were apart for a week he'd call me everyday, multiple times, even though he was with all his friends. I've fallen for the boy, and he knows it. I just don't know when to verbally tell him I love him. I don't know how he's gonna react and it makes me nervous. Should I hold off, or just go for it? How do I tell him without putting him on the spot? Is it too early?

Most Helpful Guy

• From a show that I'm watching at the moment, "Finding Carter", if you really really really really like him that's only four reallys. Five reallys means you love him. :P
    (Might be six I can't remember)

If I were you, I'd wait till he said it first or at least when he did something really special for you. I told my girlfriend I love her first and I loved her reaction.

What Guys Said 2

• 2 months is kind of quick, but I have known people who have gotten in a relationship that quick, and are still going strong for years. You don't mention whether he's actually your BF or not and it sounds like he wants a relationship. If you want to as well, you should just tell him. All you need to say is "I want us to be exclusive". Quick and easy. Best to say it right after he says one of the phrases you mention above. Once he's your BF, you can go ahead and say the words "I love you" first during an intimate moment because that is the time when it's least likely to feel weird. Then you can start saying it on a more regular basis after that.

• He is my boyfriend, and acted like it a good month and a half before he finally asked me officially. We were talking one day and he said, "A bf/gf relationships ends one of 2 ways, either we break up or we get married. And I don't see myself breaking your heart so... I hope you know what that means"

• Well then... no harm in saying "I love you" during an intimate moment. Just do it. What's the worst that can happen? He won't break up with you for saying it. Heck, he's talkin about marriage and you mention he says "I hope you know what that means", it means he loves you. Even if he hasn't said the actual words.

• You never know how the other person will react... I say if you feel it that deeply, jump :)

What Girls Said 3

• I am struggling with the same problem you are!

• Hold off. 2 months is too soon.

• he's in love with you too. Wait until he tells you and tell him you love him too.