I'm starting to wonder if women and girls don't realize how good they have it when it comes to dating?

I see more teenage girls than boys in relationships.
I see more female adults then men in relationships
Hell I can even say I see more 14 year old girls than 35 year old men in relationships. I know for a fact if I were born a girl I, would never be single, regardless of my looks. I could even be 300lbs and some guy would find me attractive. But the truth is I'm not a girl. Therefore I got stuck being an unattractive male who will never get a GF because the majority of females put looks above everything else. If you don't believe me how many good looking guys have you dated or found interest in compare to average looking guys? I'm willing to say its a very small percentage. Before anyone tell me guys are just as bad your wrong. I've seen guys dating overweight women and girls who were below average but never the other way around. So to the females on here count your blessings you were born a girl and not a guy.

• Yes girls and women do have it easy when it comes to dating
  • No they don't
  • Just wanna see results.
Look before anyone else calls me an idiot let me clear up what I'm saying. Take one guy asking out 20 women in a two week span? He gets turned down by all 20. Those 20 women who rejected him would get a date faster then he or other guys will.
You can also say for every 100 guys getting turned down 500 women are dating someone while
those 100 guys are still single. This is proof that girls get dates more.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you. I turn down dates an the two guys I've asked. out in past did not turn me down. Guys have a harder time in dating but women do go through more in life I believe personally

What Girls Said 29

• Would you not see close to the same amount? Those girls in relationships, for the most part, are all dating guys so...

• Wait... "I see more teenage girls than boys in relationships. I see more female adults then men in relationships."

Unless they're all lesbians, there is a guy paired with each one of those women. So I'm not sure how you can say that more women are in relationships compared to men.

• Yeah, that didn't make any sense. This guy is an idiot.

• No those are 500 guys could be living in another part of the world. I never said they live in the same city.

• I mean, sure it's easier to find a date, but how many dates want to stay for the long run?
    I personally date for ever or for never. I look for marriage or a commitment at least. I date for ever or for never.
    Now, imagine of guys and some girls even are throwing themselves at you left and right, sure there are more "to choose from", but a lot more to screen for an actual meaningful relationship. I know I don't line up guys and think "which one of these has the best genitals/sex." Maybe there are women and even attractive men do this, but I know I don't.
    It's harder for perhaps physically unattractive people to find dates, but when physically unattractive people do find dates, it's usually the soulmate/future husband/wife and not just a girlfriend/boyfriend.
    I'm the hopeless romantic type, I'm old school when it comes to love, I would prefer to just find my soulmate as soon as a guy asks me out or I get into a relationship. As corny as this sounds, but like a "Ted Mosby" type of guy. He isn't afraid to love and show it.
    I had my first kiss, first hug from a boy, first time I held a guy's hand, and first boyfriend all at 19. It sucked to see everyone around me dating, but then I seen most of them failing their relationships as well. The amount of dates/bf/gfs isn't a successful measure, but quality of dates/bf/gfs is more important in my opinion when it comes to relationships.

• You sound like me ^_^

• @dominquois yea, I mean. It gets annoying to hear people say "oh, you're a girl, why are you single? You can just walk up to any guy and he'd take his pants off for you."
      That was when I was single. I mean, it's not like my goal in life is to fuck whoever I can. I don't like to date just to date. If the person isn't interested in marriage or a lifelong partner, it is a waste of time. And I tell this to guys as soon as we start dating or they ask me out. It does scares some guys, they say "we're young, I don't wanna be tied down anytime soon, but I just wanna date." I tell them sorry, but I have to reject them. I want for ever or for never. A lot of guys my age still want to "just have fun". Nothing wrong with that, but that's not what I want personally. I want a real connection, not just a penis and vagina connection. This is why I waited so long to have my first boyfriend. And why I don't date every single guy who asks me out.

• @dominiquois

• I've never had a boyfriend and I have been rejected 12 times in the last two years. You are full of shit

• And how many guys out there do you think have been turned down? Thousands. Maybe your going after MR GQ?

• Tell the guys who friendzoned me that. Maybe girls don't date you because you're a douche bag because that's how you're acting on here

• And your acting like a spoiled brat who thinks she deserves a hot BF get over yourself. I can see why guys find you undateable.

• My ex was not good looking. Nor is the guy who I'm dating right now.

But to be honest, I hate it when people tell me to stop dating them because of their looks. Especially when my not-so-good looking girl friends tell me that.

So, yeah, I still don't believe you.

• Then your in denial.

• Wait did you really just say this? And you know what? I'm not 'all women? Is there something you want to talk about? There are places that deal with this stuff. I don't care if you would never date me you and half the females on here can't admit the truth.

• Have you thought, at least for a second, that you may be wrong?

• Well there are more women then men on the planet so if anything men actually have the upper hand because they have more options while women have fewer.

• You'd think that lol.

• There are more old women then men. More men are born then women

• Actually worldwide there are slightly more men than women... although in most Western countries it is indeed the other way around. Of course, this is primarily due to the demographics of the middle-aged and elderly; there are generally more young (under 30) males than young females. Not a significant difference though really. For example, the United States 15-24 population: male 22,436,057 / female 21,321,861. A million difference isn't going to be that significant when scattered across a country of 315 million.

• I have social anxiety when it comes to guys. I fuck it up. My situation has nothing to do with my gender. It's just my own misgivings.
    So i can't really relate to your question or answer it properly.
    But i think it's hard on everyone to find that one person that they truly love. There are so many people in the world after all.
    But from a girls mindset maybe it's because we don't want to be seen as sluts, that girls tend to take this search more seriously then men do. We can't afford to make mistakes and we don't want our heart broken, so we put up a lot of hoops for you boys to jump through.
    Personally I think it sucks for everybody.

• But as the ones doing the hoop jumping (less control over the situation) it probably sucks more for guys.

• Just because it may be easier for us to get dates does not mean that we have it better in terms of being in relationships. Both men and women have a hard time finding someone they are compatible with that generally wants the same things in a relationship. Yes I can get a guy if I want to with the drop of a hat but I will still more then likely have to go through a series of dates just to find someone on the same mental, emotional, and intellectual level that I am not to mention sexual compatibility. A for women being more shallow when it comes to looks that is not true and no he does not have to be rich but the older and more mature a woman gets the more financial stability will become more important when a woman is looking for a guy to settle down with if she is single in her 30's or 40's men on the other hand will generally look for a younger or younger looking woman the older they get so where will that leave a middle aged woman. Younger guys see cougars as a milf fetish very few of them actually something serious. Women are the ones getting played more then men are I would say that men have it easier when it comes to dating because they have a wider selection and date more then one woman at the same time and it more widely accepted. Then a woman having more than one man. Men can go around making babies with different women and can still find someone to accept him as long as the mother of the kids has them more but if a woman has been with one man and has a few kids with him or even more than one father. She has a hard time finding a man that doesn't just want sex. The ability to get a date is not some magic power as apposed to actually finding someone that wants to be in a committed relationship. It won't matter if you can get 100 girls to go on a date if you can't capture their attention, no connection, different views etc. All of this comes into. I won't expect you to understand my views or anyone else's because you have not had a gf

• actually moist relationships are only a few years plus or minus. the whole super young woman much older guy phenomenon isn't very common. where it does exist there's usually there's tons of money involved.

• This is all wrong and untrue. Because if it was so damn easy, I wouldn't be single either. But I am. Not for lack of trying, but for lack of no one wanting me. No. One. Not a one. Zero. Your updates just prove that the female population is more than that of the male population, and everyone knows that. In which case your question is still wrong because now account for if every male was taken, what does that mean for the rest of the females. They'd be alone. And typically I'm the rest. So don't make this 'easy for women' generalization. Because it's stupid and it's wrong.

• But you will still get a date before a guy will. And don't make generalization guys have it easy too.

• You know I'm sick of you disrespecting me.

• This seems to come up a lot and I'm not sure where people have gotten this idea, but there are actually slightly more men than women in the world. In most Western countries there are indeed more women, but that's mostly due to middle-aged and elderly populations. Even in Western nations there are more young men than young women. Still, not a significant discrepancy that would affect dating either way.

Total world population: 7,176,023,055
      Male population: 3,613,262,318
      Female population: 3,562,760,737

• Basically what you are saying is that all girls are shallow and are more interested in having an attractive boyfriend that their friends will be jealous of instead of someone who is insightful, nice, smart, and really cares. And that guys are the opposite and they just want a girlfriend. Now that isn't the point of the question but that's what I got out of it, and in my personal experience I have only ever had one female friend that cared more about looks than personality, though I have had several male friends who were 100% focused on looks. The vanity goes both ways and it also depends on what someone is looking for in a relationship, if its a random hookup then yeah looks are #1, but if you are looking for a meaningful relationship than personality is the #1. It completely depends on the person and the situation. While I will agree that yes if a girl asks a guy out she is more likely to get a yes than if the situation was reversed you also have to think how many girls are actually the ones taking that first step? Can I also point out that the average ratio of males born:females born on our planet is 105:100, meaning that there technically are more males than females so there is a higher chance you'll meet a male who is single than a female.

• Most guys give the plain looking girl a chance. If a guy looks plain no girl will date him.

• That's a blanket statement. My current boyfriend, while he is attractive to me, none of my friends think he is. He has a plain face, has acne everywhere, and is overweight but I gave him a chance because I was attracted to his personality, and things couldn't be going any better. But like i mentioned before it depends on the person and situation.

• Good looking girls don't have it good.
    They are often very lonely since men don't want relationships with them and just want to use them for sex which maes them paranoid.
    People are often shocked when they intelligent, not slutty or kind.

• They still have it easier than men.

• I'll just throw in my 2 cents... I think girls have an easier time getting into a relationship then guys do. Guys have to do the approaching and have to impress you/meet your requirements. A girl GENERALLY just has to be attractive to get a guy. That being said, I think girls have a harder time staying in a relationship or keeping a guy. Once a guy gets you to date him he bassicaly just has to not fuck it up, but a girl has to work harder to get a guy to commit or stay with her. Girls are the gate keepers of sex guys are the gate keepers of commitment.

• both have to work to keep a relationship. not fucking up is the same as working hard. not fucking up has a very broad definition. if someone isn't getting what they need they'll leave. doesn't matter what sex.

• I never found dating easy. I've only had one boyfriend in my life and it was really hard to get him

• But see your capable of getting a date not every guy is.

• Its feminist who brainwash young girls into thinking they have it hard.

• i dont think so

• Are you seeing more lesbians?

• No. Every hetero relationship has one woman one man unless you're talking about harems or polygamy.

As far as the guys asking out and being single... There are plenty if single women who didn't ask anyone out bc guys don't like it.

Getting rejected more often bc you do out mute often doesn't mean you're single more often..

Also men are in three times as many relationships in a lifetime compared to women.

You're thinking if a small pool if women getting asked out by a slightly larger pool if guts when the women are young... That doesn't account for all the women not asked out or rejected or just single.

• I will say women have it easier in regards to that men generally approach them. But not all women have men approaching them. Men don't approach me, but I will approach them. I should note that the women you are discussing who are dating having "boyfriends." That means men are dating because some guy has to be the boyfriend. All that said, I do wish it were a little easier for men to approach women, & feel bad if a guy has a girl shut him down rudely. As someone who will approach a guy, I'd hate to have a guy be rude to me for asking him out. Getting the courage to approach someone is not easy, so it'd be nice if people had a little more compassion & sympathy.

• All I wanna say is that you can't see more girls than guys in relationships... that means those girls are dating guys... therefore for every girl in a relationship there is a guy in one also...

• But yeah a girl can get a date easier. Doesn't mean it's someone she likes though

• Did I say that? Women complain why no guys ask them out and when they do the guy isn't good enough.

• The girls complaining about not getting asked out aren't getting asked out. Not every girl does.
      And wtf? Again is she supposed to go out with a guy just because he asked even though she doesn't like him?

• I have never dated anyone or had anyone being interested in me. So no, men and women are in the same situation.

• Being a girl is not that good. You make it seem like life is a breeze. It's not. It's anything but. Girls get made fun of and told they're not good enough for a guy.

• Being a guy is worse. If your in your 20's 30's etc and still single or a virgin you hear how big of a loser you are. Girls never get told their losers for being single or virgins.

• I know. existing_not_living

• That's not true lol.

• im one of those girls who have it easy

• Eh, I agree to an extent. Girls, especially attractive girls, do have it much better in the dating world. That's dating, it's much harder for girls, in my opinion, to get to the relationship part that most desire. Sure, I can go out right now, and get a guy to fuck me easily, but, I can't go out now and find a guy who wants to be in an long term relationship. Because in that instance, is when, majority of the time, that guys have all the power. As for your comment about girls and average looking guys, I myself majority of the time date what some might call "average" looking guys. My taste has always been different from what the "normal" girl would fall all over for. In my experience also, the average looking guys have much better personalities. The ones I've dated have been funny, caring, and not completely full of themselves like most of guys that people would rate a perfect 10.

• Women will always have the finally say in who they want to date.

• My point is women will still have the final say.

• Lol no, both parties have a say in who they don't or do want to be with. If you're letting the woman control your relationship then that's your business.

• Is it? I dont think so

• Not at your age you're expired. lol

• @dudeman i saw older women getting attached. ur being blunt and insensitive but i won't be brought down to ur level. even if u reach 35 yr old doesn't mean u would get attached right? women have benchmark too u know. there are many guys at 40 but still single. it is a choice sometimes.

• yeah. There is a reason nobody is getting married. By the time men are in charge we are no longer horny idiots

• I have never had a boyfriend. Been kissed or even asked out so I don't think that is necessarily true. I also have several close friends that are in the same exact boat as I am. It doesn't look like it will change anytime soon. I think some people just have it easier than others regardless of gender.

• i feel special lol but im single a relationship is not everything sometimes it feels good to be single you have more freedom and when your in a relationship you feel tied down

• Its only fun until you feel lonely non family related and seeing 15 year old teens with GF's.

• yeah lol but there's someone out there for everyone

• You actually believe that BS? I don't. People only tell ugly people like me so I can have something to fall back on.

• Um.. thats only for good looking girls. Guys are as judgmental as girls. If not more. Those guys you see dating overweight women or below average as you put it, are nice guys. There are nice girls too! Oh and by the way the 14 yr old girl thingn isn't entirely true. I'm fourteen and have never had a bf cause I am way below average. No one asked me out, or had anyninterest. Mostly cause I have cleft. :/

• Although its easier for women then men, I've never been asked out, or approached by guys. I don't really care because i don't fins them attractive, but not all girls have it easy

• I'm sure you'll be in a relationship before I will.

• Maybe it's your attitude why you've never had a gf. Ever think about that? No one wants someone who complains as much as you and never takes the blame for anything. @Asker

• LOL but yet girls find A Holes and douche bags attractive.

• I'm thinking for every teen girl in a relationship there's a teen guy (minus the lezzies but they're few) so that was an interesting comment lol

• dude you're not getting any gf bc of your hate for girls and yourself. maybe start working out (not bc of the looks) that way you can build some self esteem on it.

• It's not a good thing a man will go for any one. I haven't been in a relationship for 3 years I just don't want one and none of my bfs have been good looking

• 3 years. Try being single your whole life.

• It's a good thing to be single , men are so desperate all the time. Makes me feel sick they literally will fuck anything. I think men have easier too. Men are most of the time cheats when women ain't. There's a lot more cheating men. And there all insecure too.

What Guys Said 15

• Women do have it easier than men. However, the dating game isn't a cake walk for either sex.

You spend too much time wallowing in self pity.

• I'm kind of shocked that my only down vote is from a male lol

• @kangy
      Childish people that can't deal with other people having a different opinion.

• nod head i agree

• They have it easier in certain areas, but not overall. Plus just being in a relationship doesn't necessarily mean they're happy in it. They could be stuck with a bum and seeing other relationships where the couple's much happier. You as a single guy may have it easier because you're not with a crazed nut. It depends on how you look at it.

Now girls have the advantage in getting dates, we even got girls lining up different guys for different dates during the week for free meals and stuff yea. But girls like that live very empty lives and have to potentially live with the guilt of knowing they're abusive behavior makes them an emotionally harmful individual leaving them to constantly feel the need to justify their toxic behavior daily.

But when it comes to an actual relationship, some relationships are good, others not so much. The girls who are more proactive and actually care about men and don't have that "guy must do everything for me" attitude have much better relationships because they put the effort in that other girls don't.

Plus, as a guy, we don't typically get approached by others we don't like. That's just how it is. Some see this as an advantage. Girls who have no social skills have trouble warding off guys who they don't like especially if they're empathetic. They potentially trap themselves in dating situations when approached by guys they don't like if they go on a mercy date "giving the guy a chance." Others see this as a downside as this means we're stuck approaching girls never knowing if they like us or not playing 20 questions and guessing all the time.

There are ups and downs to both sides.

• Good looking, physically attractive people regardless of gender will have it easier in dating, you are probably only focusing on the model looking girls

• Every heterosexual date has one male and one female involved.

Every heterosexual relationship has one male and one female.

There are more heterosexual women then men in the population, so overall, men have it better, not worse.

However, men tend to date women who are younger to a point that young women have an advantage over young men. That advantage disappears by their late 20's, and for every other age, men are more often in relationships than women.

• "I see more teenage girls than boys in relationships."

keep in mind that for every teenage girl in a relationship, there is a boy paired up with them. You can't always make a judgement on something like this based on what you see. Granted, I do think women have it easier when it comes to dating, but I think an unattractive girl will have a harder time ending up with a desirable guy than an unattractive guy would with getting a desirable girl. This is simply due to the fact that women's looks are still, in my eyes, the number one make or break factor in whether or not they will end up with someone. It's normal to see an unattractive guy boost himself via his career, and end up with a good woman at the end of the day. Average women however could certainly land a date faster than many average guys, but I don't necessarily think they could land a desirable person any faster than a man. These issues tend to be more complex under the surface

• Dude, that's just because so many adult males are busy being divorced and working so they can survive and be minimally healthy enough to show up to work and continue paying for alimony and child support; and so many teenage boys are busy trying to avoid being those adult males lol

So, when your expected net gain from dating (as a female human being) is +70, and your expected net gain from dating (as a male human being) is +3, is it really a shock to anyone that girls are so obsessed with relationships and marriage, whereas guys... not so much really?

• i hate it whenever people make the argument "for every girl that has a boyfriend, that guy has a girlfriend" DUH I KNOW THAT!!!, the point people are missing is that the guy has to or had to do all of the damn work in order to make it happen since guys are still expected to do the approaching and asking out, initiating/escalating, leading, and being introverted/socially-awkward, socially-inept is a thousand, million, billion times worse if you are a guy

• Life never promised to be fair. And who can decide what's truly fair anyways. I think you're comparing apples to oranges on this one.

• Girls have an easier time getting dates but men have an easier time finding someone they want. Since women rarely approach they take what comes to them and hope for the best.

• But even still girls most girls will never end up single.

• These girls have to be in a relationship with SOMEONE. So logic dictates it's mostly men so it's pretty even.

• If a guy goes up to girl after girl and keeps getting rejected? Those same girls who rejected him would find someone faster than the guy they turned down. So those three or four girls who said no would be dating a another guy and that one single guy will remain single.

• Both genders have their own struggles. Women are the gatekeepers of sex and men are the gatekeepers of commitment. If a girl puts out too soon, she'll be seen as easy and if a guy commits to a relationship easily he'll be seen as desperate or needy.

As far as your question goes. Girls might have an easier time getting sex or dates than guys but with long term relationships not so much. It all depends on the girl but I can't tell you how many times I've heard guys say I'd have sex with her but I'd never date her. Not with all women of course, but I've heard it said about different women.

• You're absolutely correct. Women have it so easy, they take it for granted. The only guys who have it easy are the 5-10% of them who are players. The rest of us suffer.

• and when a girl does become single, she's in another relationship in a week, tops. The guy hasn't even recovered yet!

• Women have it easier till roughly twenty seven to thirty two ish. Then men have it easier.

• yeah but then everyones old and unattractive anyhow. if you're not already in a relationship before 32 you're just getting left overs.

• Which is why few millenials will marry nobody wants old vagina

• Dude, even if you are attractive, if you're super shy and don't have the social skills, you still can't get girls.

• No gender has it easy. We all have our difficulties