Is it okay to talk to exes?

Is it respectful, regardless of age, to be talking to exes or previous hook-ups while in a serious relationship. Excluding random run-ins and being cordial.

That's the reason for my asking. Before this, I was not allowed to at all. It was her who made that a boundary. Not that I would have anyways, but she layed that down. Then SHE had gone ahead and text someone she used to hook up with.

61

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean you can talk with an ex. But I don't see any good coming from there. I don't know whole story, but you broke up with her and there stands a reason for that.
    So in my opinion, putting some distance is better for you and for future relationships.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 5

• I would generally have to say no. If you don't have a kid (s) together there's no acceptable reason to talk the an ex that would please your current partner.

• SHE texted her ex after she said you CAN'T? What a stupid rule,... and the reason she did that wa. s?

• Yeah, if no children are involved, she's not gonna be happy... out of curiosity, if ur girlfriend talked to her exes or past hook ups, how would u react?

• That's who my question pertains to. Early on, she made the rule of no talking to exes. Then she recanted AFTER having reached out to an ex... on two different occasions.

• Why would a man go through all that trouble to get in a serous relationship only to go back to baggage reclaim?
    That's ridiculous. If a man wants to do that then he needs to remain single or he will end up alone. The biggest mistake that a man can make is think that just because he is in a serous relationship with a girl and going behind her back talking to exes and shit that she can't find anyone better. But once she does the man comes begging

• Yeah, it wasn't me who did this. SHE did.

• Then she is a jerk

• Most girls won't allow you to talk to your ex. But for me if my boyfriend let me meet the ex he was talking to, I wouldn't mind at all. I'm still good friends with all my exes and my boyfriend has met one or two of them and he was fine with it. So why would it change for the other way around?

What Guys Said 1

• You a grown man! Do what u want big boi!!!