If a guy is 15 and his gf is 18 should they have sex?

its the gf's idea to do it im just wondering if i should my friends say yes but isn't it illegal?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• It's illegal. The age of consent is 16 in most states. That being said, when you turn 16, she will be 19 and that is greater than the 2 year grace period many states give. She is an adult and at 16, although legal, you will be a minor still. She could be legally prosecuted and put on the sex offender registry and get prison time. You will not be in the clear to have sex completely legally until you are 18.

What Girls Said 5

• It's illegal if your parents don't consent. You're still a minor, and if your parents say No, or you do it and they find out and get pissed, they have the legal right to press charges against your GF. It's called Statutory Rape. And she will be convicted and have to register as a Sex Offender for the rest of her life. It's very serious. It could ruin her life.

• Yep it's illegal but if your parents don't care then it's no big deal I don't know how all that goes but your still really young and yep you should wait.

• Look up the law for your state! In some states you two could legally have sex but it depends: http://age-of-consent.findthebest.com/

• But with that said, you need to be really careful. The other 2 girls are right; if you misinterpret anything or something goes wrong, your gf could end up being convicted and have to register as a criminal for the rest of her life.

• I would wait bro.

• but everyone is doin it although they have normal aged gf im confused...

• You two should probably wait... There is just too much scrutiny to be had here.

What Guys Said 3

• It's called statutory rape.

• Technically speaking, if the parents of the underage party consent (or in most cases never find out) then it's legal. At 16 it is no longer an issue, but at 15 it is considered statutory rape.

• really... rape is a powerful word

• That is the legal ordinance as set by the statutes in my state. It may seem kind of ridiculous, but it is accurate.

• Even if the genders were reversed it would still be normal. I understand people not agreeing with it, but as long as both people want to do it, I don't see it as something immoral.

• The question is not Morality, it's LEGALITY. And NO, it is not legal. That girl could ruin her life, and be forced to register as a Sex Offender. His parents MUST consent for it to be legal, for HER protection.

• That depends on his area. In some places it is legal.

• my area is ontario