Would you ever date a girl that's been your friend for 4 years?

The question says it all.

Well actually now that I think about it it's been a little over 5 years. We were always really good friends. I even asked him to my first high school dance but he moved away just before it. We still see each other occasionally cuz he visits sometimes

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most great relationships that are truly friends work out the best. Its because you know how the person respond to situations, their actions. However, as a friend you have accepted the actions. As a result, he will continue to do them in the relationship. Are you ready to for good and bad actions? Word to the Wise: if not, check your actions and his behavior before you enter into a relationship because your friendship/relationship will not survive.

What Guys Said 6

• I crushed on a girl 4 years ago, then got into contact with her a year ago and now we're just friends and I don't see us dating. I don't/won't pursue her but I'm sure I get be into her if she wanted to.

I've also crushed on a girl 5 years ago, and I had points in those past years where I'd talk to her a bit but never a lot. Now she has a BF and I never talk to her anymore but still, if she ever pursued me I'd consider it.

• It's better than being friend-zoned. Yeah, I'd seriously consider any of my female friends - I mean, I already like them, and I already know some stuff about them... so why not?

• oh yea... usually the best relationships start out as friends

• Oh yeah. If you have been friends that long and feel like it can work you are more than likely right.

• possibly, yea

• Honestly, that is the best type of girl to date. A real treasure!

Unless she is ugly.

• Well I don't think I'm ugly so I'll keep that in mind.

What Girls Said 1

• I think some women friend zone men who actually like them, so some would be happy to go out with you.