Do you trust a guy with a history of cheating?

we have know each other for 6 years and have showed interest in each other for the last 2 he asked me out 3 months ago but i'm a little worried because he has a history of cheating and i don't know wither to let it go or to talk to him about it please help

he is 22 months younger than i am

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that a relationship is built on trust... And trust is earned. And that means Your relationship. Anybody can change if they want to... But they have to want to... And if he is in that place with you, who knows... My advice would be to judge it on your relationship and no one else's... If he hasn't given you a reason to feel that way personally then what's the harm... But if there are signs that show he hasn't changed if your own relationship then maybe end it right away so the hurt is not as bad :/

What Guys Said 3

• Noooo a cheater will always remain a cheater. I hate the cuties silly idea thinken that they can change a man while in reality ur juz dreaming -_-
    Better not to get with him and brk up soon before ur hurt even more in the long run. Goodluck in changing him xP

• once a cheater always a cheater LOL

• Well he has to find love eventually wouldn't he? Th

• Sorry, I pressed enter to early.. (And then I pressed back so this is the third time I'm trying)

My take on this is that he has cheated before on someone else, why wouldn't he cheat on you? And on that depressing note, do you ever feel like trusting him fully? Because this matter of distrust is already concerning you. If you do feel like you can trust him by all means maybe true love prevails.
      But if I know myself well enough I would feel troubled by the issue, I'd have myself set up for a broken heart at some point and that's not what a relationship should feel like.

• Good luck, hope he turns out to be ok for you. :)

• thanks :)

What Girls Said 7

• I would say trust him until he personally gives you a reason not to. If you can't do that you're just going to always be nagging probably and annoy the shit out of him which will probably make him want to cheat. Each relationship is a new one. Be optimistic. :)

• thank you that is nice to hear and see it in a different way

• Met a guy who had two many ex girlfriends and told me that he lead some on as well (told me this on a first date). I was stupid and thought that maybe if I give him a chance until... Do not do it that same guy left me for another women out of the blue. You do not want to go through that.. it is not worth your time. Listen to *Keyspirits*

• @lorna lol only silly gurls think that they can change a man. They nvr know til they experience it themself.

• A leopard never changes it's spots. I was with a guy that had a history of cheating I was a fool to think well maybe he will change if I am the right girl. Do you really want to put yourself in a position where you feel like you might need to earn his faithfulness? Despite the fact that he was madly in love with me he could not keep his dick in his pants. I should have known better but this was years ago I was very naive at the time and thought I was different because we were friends for a long time and always wanted each other but I was not safe from heartache no matter what. Knowing that he has a history of cheating should tell you that is more about who he is than who he is with so he will do the same thing to you. At least you already know what he is capable of and most likely will do to you before hand most people find out they are with a cheater when they get cheated on. Be smart about this maybe it is better to stay friends.

• (As I told another girl) They never change. People do not change entirely. They only fix certain things like stop smoking, stop drinking, Working out (you get my point), so habits. But personality no one can really change that.

When jerks date girls they often go from one girl to the next girl. But there will be this ONE girl who he will marry that he will.. I quote "change for". Guys and Women do not change for any one.. the reason why that relationship worked for that particular "special" "the one" girl is because she is ok with his dumbass behavior that is why. If you ever get in a situation where a jerk treats you like shit and you let him go and he finds another girl and they have a "great relationship" KEEP IN MIND she is accepting his asshole behaviors and is ok with him treating her like shit. Even if you can't see.. it it is THERE. Personal experience. Good luck girl.

• Sorry for being harsh but cheaters always cheat no matter what. This guy was dating me for four months stopped talking to me for two weeks (out of the blue) and married another girl. He told me that we will have chance in the future (What!!! after your married?). Needless to say after that I stopped talking to him. So no men who cheat will always cheat.

• Ohhh ur a woman of wisdom. i like dat ;3
      If only i could get chu in ma world :(

• thanks girl dont worry about being harsh sometimes we need that :)

• no.. if he has cheated on other girls, why would he treat you different?
    once a cheater is always a cheater...
    they never feel that they are doing anything bad to others...
    you will be his next target... that's it

• The girls can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe people can change if they desire to do so. It's just is girls sometimes like to know for sure. But I think a form of letting go and talking about it. Girls want to know details. We don't want guys that's been with way too many girls and might catch something. Some of us have only been with one guy our entire life you know

• no way, a cheater is always a cheater

• Nope, I wouldn't trust him at all, but if you really want a relationship with him then make sure he earns it, and make him be as honest with you as possible.