Does anyone else think dating multiple people at the same time is stupid?

If I'm really interested in someone, I kinda want all of their attention and time. I don't really want to be together while two other girls are texting him for their next dates. I also wouldn't like the idea of the guy getting physical with other women at the same time i could be... I don't know, I just don't get it. What does everyone else think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like it but it's not unfair. If I broke up with my boyfriend I would be open to dating multiple people although I do tend to focus on one person at once. Having too many options can also make it harder to focus on one.

For the first while it's fine to not be exclusive because why commit until you know the person and if you see long term potential. However if it's been more than 2-maybe 3 months and the guy isn't committing he clearly isn't that interested. I also think that you can determine within a few weeks if he will likely ask for a relationship or not.

All is fair in dating. Until the guy asks me for a commitment there is none so dating a few people could actually be smart because this way you don't get too emotionally invested in one person. Getting too invested too fast is a big problem.

Personally I won't have sex or even any touching of the genitals until we are in a relationship. If we are not in a relationship it is fair for a guy to be dating or hooking up with others. If he likes me enough he will stop and commit to me. And if not his loss. I'm not going to spend months on a string. That's why it's better to tread lightly with the physical until you become exclusive.

What Guys Said 6

• i dont think anything is wrong with dating multiple people at once but FOR ME i have rules. i dont kiss and do anything affectionate until I've made up my mind. basically im getting to know them all on the same level and see how things go.
    so basically nothing physical really as far as a hug.

sometimes i dont like dating multiple girls because i find it really hard to get attached to even just 1 of them.

so yeah dating is dating and then ill date the girl i choose exclusively and define it as that and see where things go.

• I think you accepted to be just another option and that not respecting yourself. If this fool is texting other people, you have gave him that power to continue to do so. No matter how much you like him if he hasn't proved to you that you are his only option then move on.

• I think as long as it's not physical it's fine. When it gets physical it's time to phase the others out.

• Long term yes short term while deciding who to settle into a relationship with, sure. I'd only be talking about a couple dates though before either you move forward or don't.

• Everything Goes Wrong When Multiple People, You Gotta Keep Making Up Lies & Excues On Why You Can't Do Certain Things & It Just Get's Worse From There. Stick With One Person, Seriously.

• I agree with you completely. I couldn't imagine something like this, "Hey, baby, what have you been up to today?" Her: "Oh, nothing much, just got done having sex with my other boyfriend. How was your day?" That would hurt me a hell of a lot.

Call me selfish, but I want my girlfriend to be MY girlfriend. Not our girlfriend... no, MY girlfriend. Just like I am HER boyfriend. Not their boyfriend.

What Girls Said 5

• Being intimate with multiple people at one time is not really a good or smart thing to do, in my opinion. Just talking or texting with different people to get to know them seems okay though because that's what dating is.

Right now I'm dating this guy, we kiss and whatnot, but I expect that he is not going around doing the same with other chicks, just as I'm not with other guys. And I would not want him texting other girls in my presence or vice versa, as that's just disrespectful to the person you're with.

Then again I'm fairly new to the dating scene after just getting out of a 2-year relationship, so I don't really know what the etiquette for dating is like these days.

• I think only dating 1 person in the initial stages is thirsty

only fools rush in

if you just met the guy why not get to know him and possibly pursue other options yourself? usually girls who fall for one guy so hard end up getting played bc they are desperate. yeah you like him but wait til u know him better before u invest ur feelings so much into him

he doesn't have to commit to you just bc u started talking, that's unrealistic. any dateable guy with options is gonna have at least 2 other girls checking for him so that's just the way it is. and same for most dateable girls too..

• Yes because as your kissing him, he's kissing another girl, and what if he loves her more then dumps you, that would suck plus more competition right?

• its really difficult to handle. takes a lot of energy to do it

• Girl I agree not having it at all. Deal breaker