Is it shallow not to date a girl because her hair is thinning?

I met this girl online she's pretty cool but I found out her hair is thinning. Is it wrong that I don't want to be with her for that reason?

• Shallow
  • Not shallow

Most Helpful Girl

• Shallow.
    Most girls wouldn't differently of their man if they really liked them. And in some ways it's easier for women. It's not unheard of for women to wear wigs. And I'm sure you're thinking omg, a woman in a wig?

Take this example. You meet a girl, she's perfect, she's incredible. And then, you find out she is wearing a wig due to cancer. Maybe even a breast implant from a removed breast. Would you think of her differently? I wouldn't! She's standing proud, and carrying on with life.

So, I know that was an extreme example, but if that's okay, surely any wig for a reason is okay? Doesn't change the girl, it's just aesthetic, right?

• Hair loss is not attractive sorry.

• Fair enough @virginguru that isn't amazingly attractive. Women with an excuse behind it I don't mind, but in fairness to them they try to pencil back accurately

• For me I rather date someone who has never touched her eyebrows then someone without them, and penciling them on never looks right.

What Girls Said 19

• I consider it shallow, yes. But lets be honest, everyone is shallow to a certain extent. Some are simply more than others.

• So it's not a bad thing that I don't want to date her?

• I do not consider it bad no. I would not date an obese man. If that makes me shallow, cool.

• Based on your responses to others... it sounds like you don't care if it's shallow or not. I hope you never get rejected for thinning hair... which is something that i notice frequently in males.

• It's not a desirable trait, so you can't blame women for rejecting them.

• www.thebaldtruth.com/.../hotbaldwomen.jpg

There ya go, a good looking bald woman.

• @The thing about women with hair is that it is part of their grace and in some cultures even their dignity. It's not even remotely the same as the nearly naturalised bald men of this day and age.

long hair on men is part of their grace dignity as well in many cultures. just not this one.

• That is pretty shallow. Because it's a cosmetic thing that can be reversible. Her hormones are probably out of whack unless she's a woman with male pattern baldness, hopefully not. But it's usually a hormonal thing for women that can be reversed whether by her needed to change something in her hair care routine, or hormones. However from your reasoning you didn't like her too much anyway and looking for an excuse to totally not like her

• So you don't have a physical trait you find unattractive in men? Would you date a short man or a man with thinning hair?

• I don't want to end up with a bald woman

• Lol if she goes to a hair specialist she can find out what her problem is. Besides I hope you know a lot of women don't even sport their real hair bc of all the choices of wigs and various extensions.

• Its kinda shallow and not shallow at the same time -.-
    Like yeah you did just meet her online and just judging her by her hair is quite shallow.. but then i guess its kinda the same with preferences on like girls with long hair or short hair, or like men with bald , short or long hair idk?
    im kinda more on the its shallow side tho aha, there's more to the girl then her hair! -.-

• Would you date a bald dude?

• Looks are important to me at least

• yeah wouldn't blame you :) everyone has a different preference about this stuff :)

• I guess you don't like at all her because you give up early. There are different solutions for that actually.

• It is pretty shallow.

• Do you find baldness attractive?

• I was actually super into a balding guy who was like 24, but then he ditched me lol.

• Haha, no. That is a sign of some health problem.

• How did you find out? Does she has a medical condition? or is it just thin?
    She can always use clip in hair extensions, which everybody uses these days and males don't even know it! Hair extensions are accessories these days like socks and handbags lol

• I could see her scalp and she told me. I like the real thing sorry.

• every likes the real thing. but if you can see her scalp that means she has a medical condition.. if you really love this person her looks shouldn't bother you. if you don't love her keep her as a good friend

• Why is her hair thinning? How ling have you two been talking?

• She had some condition that I forgot the name of. I've known her for a month.

• Yes
    Some guys I am attracted to doesn't have a lot of hair

• No. If you're not attracted to the person, you shouldn't date the person. Simple as that.

• Thats pretty horrible yea.. I hope you are okay, with girls leaving you, when you are balding.

• It doesn't run in my family =)

• Like even thinner than this?
    http://i61.tinypic.com/52qdt.jpg

• Shallow Idont know probably if critized this person bc their unacttractive baldness, but if don't like her bc of it you shouldn't. Feel obligated to like it you just can't force what to like or not

• It is shallow but most of us are.

• Very Very shallow. does a woman with thick hair garuntees good gf/ life partner?

• Would you date a guy with thinning hair?

• yes if he has a good personality

• It is a tid shallow, but a true fact men get their baldness trait from their moms. so if your thinking about children... maybe but if you just wanna bang then yeah you are shallow

• Being honest I don't call it shallow. But most of our girls have an excellent stylist and with the proper care and protective styling it always grow back. I think some girls we put too way too many chemicals in out hair trying to be beautiful and then have to work months to repair it. Lesson learned

• I don't care to find out lol

• Yes. this is shallow lol

• Oh well, everyone does this in one way or the other

What Guys Said 8

• Shallow. But just as shallow as women who don't want to date balding guys.

Of the 27 women who've voted it's shallow, how many have dated a balding man, or would consider it? Bet you not nearly as many.

• That's a good point unless all those women would date bald men they are all hypocrites

• Thinning hair could be a marker of poor health, in which case it would be disadvantageous to make a romantic pairing - unless this person is very emotionally important to you, this information would clearly count negatively to the value of this person as a long-term partner.

• I don't find it attractive lol

• Think for a second.. how would u feel if ur in the same position as her? If u want a celebrity looken cutie, than yas u are.

• Yes very shallow indeed, and I'm sure most guys including my self could care less about a girls thinning hair and care more about her personality. How would you feel if she didn't want to be with you for being too short or your wallet being too thin.

• Great thing I'm not short. I'm not rich however. I wouldn't care regardless.

• That's a good point unless all those women would date bald men then they are hypocrites

• No its a biological instinct used to finding a healthy mate, thinning hair may make you think something is wrong with the person health wise.

• Is it shallow to reject a girl simply because of her hair thinning? Yes. If she was your ideal girl and that one thing was the deal breaker, then yes, you are shallow. We all have our preferences... and I would prefer not to date a girl that has her hair thinning out, but if I really liked a girl would I see that as a deal-breaker? No. It would turn me off, but it won't be a deal-breaker.

Let's think about what shallow is.
    What is the opposite of shallow? Deep.
    In a pool, the shallow end doesn't have a lot of water. The deep end has a lot of water. Being a shallow person is rejecting someone based on a couple of things. If there are other reasons why you don't like her other than her hair thinning out... then those would be the reason that you're not wanting to be with her and the hair thinning out was just the last straw. In this case, you wouldn't be shallow. But if that is literally the only thing wrong with her, or 1 of a couple of things wrong with her, then that is being shallow.

Now, is it wrong to be shallow? That depends. Only if you're a hypocrite in the areas that you are shallow. If you're shallow about hair thinning out and won't date a girl that has her hair thinning out and then you end up having your hair thin out as you get older.. as long as you are perfectly fine with girls rejecting you for balding or being bald, then I wouldn't say it is wrong to be shallow. It's your life. As long as you're not a hypocrite... it should be all good.

• Women will say "omg it is so shallow"... then turn around and piss on the guy who has the 'audacity' to be born under 6' tall.
    Yeah...