He's driving an hour to see me should I let him sleep?

This guy whom I met online lives and hour away from my place. We chatted and I really like him and he said he will drive up next weekend to see me.

So I am not sure if he drove up and if we had some drinks if I should ask him to drive back. by the way he's a college student and I looked him up and my instincts say he's a good guy. So since I'm not planning on sleeping with him that night should I book him a hotel room? Or should I invite him over to my apartment and give him the bed and I sleep on the couch?

by the way we are both in our 20s and are adults. He's studying and I have a professional job so we wre not kids lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• let him stay at your apartment, but him on the couch. you shouldn't give up your bed because you don't even know him, for one. you don't know his alcohol tolerance and how he may act when drunk - he could piss or puke in your bed.

What Guys Said 7

• He should already have decided on what he's going to do re getting home. So, either he doesn't drink much or you have a few options. Assuming you know him well, ie have chatted for months, the apartment may be ok after you suss him out when you meet but it's probably best he sleeps it off in his car/hotel or you hang out till late, have coffee and then he goes back.

• Just understand that there's a possibility that something sexual may happen. Or if nothing sexual happens, there's high chance of him going to bed sexually frustrated with a mesn boner. I wouldn't book him an hotel room, that makes you look too prudish and stuck up. You could invite him home but set clear boundaries.

• How can I set clear boundaries? Should I tell him upfront we are not having sex tonight but you can sleep over?

• Pretty much. It's brutal, but at least he won't have false expectations.

• I don't think he should drive back and I don't think he should stay in a hotel room. I say you should let him stay in the apartment and hint that nothing will happen. I've brought women home and simply cuddled with them, best sleep ever.

• Guys aren't stupid, at the end of the night, offer him the couch as opposed to driving, he'll completely understand

• If you're having drinks, then dont let him drive that far. Dont take him to a hotel. He'll give that a meaning. Take him to your apartment but you should set things straight. Tell him you're not ready for things to move that way between you two. No need to sleep away from him. Spooning and cuddling could be a nice development. Even I would love that. That will set a warm mood.

• If you take him to an hotel, he'll think you want to have sex rutht away,

• then should I bring him to my apartment? I definitely can't let him drink and drive.

• Yeah, or go to the cinema, or just to your apartment,

What Girls Said 1

• Either
    A) try to have him stop drinking after 3 drinks so he can drive back
    or
    B) have him sleep on the bed or couch

Try to discuss this with him before he gets there

• I can't let him drive back because I feel bad for him driving for an hour on the first place. He would definitely not like me if I stopped his drinks and asked him to leave:(

• an hour is nothing

and if you dont get smashed and stop drinking at two, he might stop at 3

like i said you should really talk to him about this
      if you can't talk to him about something like this do you really want him over?