GUYS: how do you tell a guy you like him?

I'm gonna be honest. I'm probably not gonna tell him but I want to have a plan in case I do.

Backstory: we're high school seniors, & met sophomore year. He was so flirty back then, he made it obvious he was attracted to me- however he is shy and awkward and has zero experience so his flirting was childlike. Anyway I flirted back... and that summer we started hanging out. All was well. He even flipped out when he heard a guy made a pass at me. Always asked about my guy friend. But starting around January he stopped asking me to come over and he didn't flirt as much. So I asked him to hang out twice... both times he was busy... so basically he stopped acting like he liked me but he still looked at me constantly and asked "who are you texting? Is it a guy?" Stuff like that.

Well I haven't really had a conversation with him since May. We saw each other at the beginning of the summer and said hey but that's it. His friend told me that he asked him and he doesn't like me.

I am 100% certain he did at one point but maybe he lost feelings? Anyway I haven't talked to him in so long and I'm doing online school this year so I don't see him and I'm extremely extremely extremely afraid of rejection and of him breaking my heart because he's the only guy I ever liked and yeah. I am dying from not seeing him. Not sure what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you DO have to talk to him. Unless he'd been hiding his attraction to you since May or whatever, it could be very odd for you to suddenly confess after not even talking for that long. I mean, I'd be happy if my crush confessed but we talk every time we see each other so that' might be different.

It seems likely that he did lose his feelings.

• I feel like he did in one way but, all the way until the last day of school he acted like he "cared" without actually flirting. Like, asking if I'm texting a guy... if I'm dating someone, etc. I suppose he could have lost his feelings over the summer :/

• No, ask him. Even if is friend claims he "doesn't like you" you could still be friends, and asking him to hang out could be a friendly thing. So do it, then interrogate him.

• Thanks. I'll try to get the courage.

What Guys Said 4

• i don't like guys to tell them so

• Heyyo nig, I likez you.

But in all seriousness, straightforward seems to be the way to go here.

• Tell him you like him.

• Thankssssssss

• True. I'm probably gonna start small and ask him to hang out.

• That's a great way to start. Good luck!

• If I were you, I'd tell him. As I'm a boy, I know that if you have an ex-crush, and your ex-crush says they like you then you get a crush again.

What Girls Said 1

• If your dying from not seeing him , then I think you should make it happen