Why was my boyfriend asking me these questions?

I've been dating my boyfriend for about 3 months or so now. Everything is great between us and I like him a lot.

I once told my boyfriend as a joke that I had a few relatives back in my mother's home country, who wanted to marry me but that I said no. I didn't think he would take it so serious, but he said it was good that I said no.

He has since then made jokes about how my mother was trying to take me away from him. I recently went to visit relatives in my mom's home country and while I was there my boyfriend and I stayed in contact.
My boyfriend would ask me questions like whether I had gone out clubbing, whether there were any relatives there my age which I found a bit strange.

Today, out of the blue he then made a comment and said 'You haven't married a guy there while you were away I hope :P' He has made a similar joke like that in the past.

Why does my boyfriend keep bringing up the marrying another guy topic since I've been away?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's insecure about you leaving him and trying to play it off as a joke.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0