He meant he just wants to be friends, right?

I told a friend of mine that I liked him as more and his response was "I like hanging out with you but that's sort of where I see it right now." and I said that was fine, and then he said "I would really like to keep hanging out"

I took this as him saying he just wants to be friends, but some of my friends disagree with me. What does his answer mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• It means that he isn't interested in a relationship. It also means that he thinks you are either pretty, or have a good personality. If he felt strongly about both, he would probably 'pursue', but something is probably a little off on one category or the other for him. It doesn't mean that you really don't have both, just that something is not clicking with him personally.

So he likes having you around, because you are either fun to hang out with or pretty to look at while hanging out. And since he feels you are interested in him, it's a good way to keep you close by in case he doesn't find something else that is more inline with what he is looking for.

I wouldn't be particularly pleased with that kind of response, personally. It's kind of a "keep yourself available and I may decide to grant you some more attention in the future, if you continue to please me" attitude. But I personally hate those kinds of attitudes, so I admittedly have some bias there.

What Guys Said 2

• "I like hanging out with you but that's sort of where I see it right now..." -- means that right now he just likes hanging out with you but things can _probably_ change in the future.

"I would really like to keep hanging out" -- means that he wants to keep hanging out. He understands that you like him and isn't dissuaded by that fact.

• He wants to put his penis into your vagina. He also has reasons to want not to put his penis into your vagina. Therefore, he wants to see if those reasons can be removed by finding out more about you. His answer means he wants to make these observations without putting any pressure on either of you and that he is willing to allow both of you to keep the option of similarly exploring your penis/vagina compatibility with someone else for the time being.

What Girls Said 1

• So, it sounds like he wants to be friends at this point in time. Maybe he is hinting at now that he knows you are interested he may or may not develop some feelings for you. He also wants to keep you in his life even if the feelings are not mutual.