Boys..would you ever date a girl you weren't attracted to?

would you ever date a girl you weren't physically attracted to?

my mom pointed out you never see hot guys with ugly girls, but you do see hot girls with ugly guys.I noticed with my last ex he was okay looking but his personality made me attracted to him. ha. so guys would you ever date a girl you weren't physically attracted to?

Most Helpful Guy

• i had this conversation with some friends this past week. guy are very visual when it comes to girls. looks are the first thing that grabs our attention and (not to be shallow but) are important to guys. not to say guys would never date a girl that is less attractive because once you get to know someone attraction does increase. I've dated a couple girls that I thought were cute but not extremely attractive. girls on the other hand, can gain attraction. personality is one of the biggest attraction for girls (as well as chemistry). my ex- (one of my best friends before we started dating) dated a guy before me for about 2 years and the guy looked like a mouse and everyone always asked how she could be dating him. (he was about a 5/10 while she was a 9/10)

• 'my ex- ...dated a guy before me for about 2 years and the guy looked like a mouse and everyone always asked how she could be dating him. (he was about a 5/10 while she was a 9/10)'....but she was a GIRL! X-D You would never date a girl a ton less atractive that you, would you?! Not chastising you, just highlighting the obvious ;-D

• That was my example of girls going for personality before looks. but think about it, guys see a girl and approaches her. if looks weren't involved, then there isn't much motivation for approaching. you can't look at someone and say "hey I think she has a great personality. I'm going to go talk to her"

• Yeah but sometimes you're stuck into getting to know someone like if you work with them or have a class with them. in which case you're kind of forced almost into getting to know the girl's personality.

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't date a girl if I wasn't physically attracted to her.

That said, I think most women underestimate how much variety there is in what men consider physically attractive. I would date someone I was attracted to regardless of whether other people thought she was hot or not.

More concisely: most guys are very concerned with physical attractiveness, but each of us has a different idea of what that means.

What Girls Said 3

• I know I'm not a guy but NO WAY. That comes first, and everything else comes second if they're all completely honest- unless she's a suga momma! X-D

• Most guys wouldn't unless they are jerks using the girl for money, sex. There has to be some level of physical attraction or it won't work. She doesn't have to be a perfect model, everyone has flaws but if he is outright not attracted to her it's not happening.

• Looks are more important for guys because they are more visual so they usually need to be attracted to a girl in order to date them. But what you think is ugly could be hot to some guy so in the end, it's all subjective.