I was treated for a curable STD, but now am afraid of sex?

Any advice?

I got Chlamydia from a girlfriend of mine. When we first started dating, I always made a point of using condoms. However, after a month or so, we went without them.

I didn't think I had to worry, I was in a committed relationship with someone who I trusted and who was on the pill.

Couple months later, I find out I have this STD, and now sex just seems like a dirty cesspool to me. No one thinks they have an STD, but how often are people ever actually tested?

How can I get over this hurdle? I fear this will lead to problems with intimacy in the future if I don't think about it now.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• Don't sleep with random people.
    Dont sleep with a new girlfriend right away, make sure you like them and get tested at a free clinic.
    If you don't know for a fact she is on the pill, always use a condom.
    If you don't know for a fact she isn't a cheating bitch, always use a condom.
    If you are unsure about anything really, use a condom.

If you are worried the possibility of stds , this is basically your only option.

• Sex will always carry the risk of pregnancy and unwanted STIs. Make sure you have safe sex by using a condom and that way you won't have to worry about STI transmission from either partner.

Just think about other things - you can catch a cold off somebody by kissing them, but does that make kissing seem like a "dirty cesspool"? I don't think so... so just think about sex as just another activity that you could catch a disease from. At least (unlike kissing!) you have methods of protection against diseases. You can even catch diseases and germs from handshakes, but the thought of handshakes isn't repulsive, no? :)

Sex is just another activity and if you are worried your partner might have an STI, suggest to them that the pair of you both go and get tested and await the results before you ditch the condoms. It's in your partner's best interests and peace of mind too. I hope this helps!

• well if you are concerned then take the necessary precautions. if you are in a commited relationship, she is on birthcontrol and if you dont want to use a condom I suggest you and her both go for regular std tests... even if you know you are clean it is more to be fair that way you both know you are clean and will also stem cheating... (afraid to cheat because tests might come back pos) I have talked to guys about wanting them to get tested because you can't be too careful and they were completely fine with it. s oif it truly worries you then just talk with your partner about the tests (every 2 weeks or so)

• You should be afraid because it's a very real reality and you might one day end up with something that is not curable. I recommend making sure you test your partners before sleeping with them and making sure you only sleep with people you are in monogamous relationships with.

• Its more simple than you think. Don't ever have one night stands without a condom and don't have sex with a girlfriend so quickly without a condom either! And most importantly if you do meet a girl you like and she does become your girflriend, make sure you two both get checked often.

• Don't have one night stands & with your next relationship don't rush into having sex. Make sure you have an open conversation about this ( ask her if she's been tested & tell her what)
    before you have sex & make sure you use comdoms

• Use a condom next time. Geez.

• Protection Protection! When You Start Dating Girls Maybe Ask Them To Get Tested.

• Don't have sex with people you don't know, and make sure that the both of you get tested when you get a new girlfriend.

What Guys Said 1

• Well statistically speaking it is a dirty cesspool, so your feeling are fitting reality.

Otherwise you have to go the religions way and marrying a virgin and only have one life partner - it's the only safe way.