Would you date someone with scars?

If they used to or still do self harm would you give them your time and actually date them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think the scars would matter to me at all as long as she was interested in me as much as I am in to her. Her personal problems can be worked through, sometimes one just needs a little help.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, if they did/still hurt themselves, they might be finding some way to stop or slow down. My ex used to and she told me that she stopped cutting because of me. It was hard because when we broke up she started again but it was her fault.

When you cheat, you deserve what you get, she should have thought about that when she was f*cking that bastard.

I gave her my time, she was worth it in the end. Pay it forward.

• If I found her physically attractive and liked her personality then yeah I'd date her. Self harm scars aren't a deal breaker but if she's still cutting I'd want her to seek help or make a serious effort to stop.

• Maybe if they're over it. I don't wanna deal with that.

• NO
    those people that self harm are sick and need to see a therapist
    I have enough problems dating regular normal people I can't deal with sick people

• Haven't you ever thought about why they would start? Maybe it wasn't really their fault. Everyone has certain reasons. It's not really sick unless they do it because it's cool or romantic or for attention. Well that is my opinion at least

• If they have scars from an accident or something, it's not sick
      But self harming is sick

• Like arm cuts? Sure.

• Now of course, that part of her life would have to be behind her and stay there.

• I would definetly. I think I would be very thankful for the scars because it means you diddnt kill yourself.

• Yeah, I have plenty of scars from cutting.

• Yep, been there, done that. But people who do that need counseling so they feel better about themselves, or whatever the reason it is they are doing it. I used to cut myself but now my family has nothing to do with me. They couldn't deal with me so they just cut me off. I'm alone. It's a challenge. At least I don't cut my self anymore.

What Girls Said 2

• what person doesn't have scars? are u looking for like a goddess or something?

• No if she or he self harmed not regualr scars.

• Well yeah, You should defiantly give them a chance. No one should be judged off thier past.

• yes if she stopped

• Would you help her stop or would you just ignore her until she did stop?

• definitely i would help her stop.