Is my face disease holding me back from girls?

Sup people. I have a face disease called "pityriasis alba" where your face gets patches that are lighter than your skin color (I'm black) on your face. It's all over my face, around 30% is lighter with patches.. I really wanna talk to girls in my school (senior in highschool in europe) but I feel like this is holding me back. People usually judge what they don't understand, so is this holding me back, making me uglier? Overall I have a good style when it comes to clothes in my opinion, but my face isn't doing it for me.. Opinions?

EDIT: I do not have it in my profile picture!

Most Helpful Girl

• Confidence can out shine anything. If it /really/ makes you uncomfortable have you tried makeup? Yes it is "not manly" to wear makeup, but products like Dermablend or other makeup made specifically for cover up the splotches.

I have red splotches a over my face, but I cover it up with makeup. If you get a nice product and you use it correctly, you can't tell the difference between the skin in your makeup. It does take some practice to get down and it's like $25-$30 per makeup. I'm pretty sure mine was $45 just for the concealer, but again red splotches on super white skin is hard to smooth over seamlessly so the product is more expensive

What Girls Said 5

• I doubt it, as long as you're confident you'll have no problem.

I have psoriasis, so I'm covered in red scaly patches, I just pretend I'm a dragon instead. XD

• If someone doesn't like you just because of a skin condition screw them. Just be yourself and somebody will like you for you.

• I think anything is possible. If you love the way you look, FLAUNT it. An amazing personality can surpass any imperfection. I'm sure Ms. Right is waiting for you somewhere

• This, comedy can be made out of anything, and when directed at your own imperfections the right way in the right light they can be used positively.

• Thank you, this encouraged me a lil'.

• NP! Never forget, there's someone out there for everyone :)

• NO. only the insecurity is holding you back

• Probably. Most people care more about the face than anything else.

What Guys Said 1

• I know that you're asking women, but I barely even notice it. East African?