If you are exclusively dating, is it ok to hang out with other people but not have sex with them?

When I was with my ex BF, he told me that when he is exclusive with someone, he never cheats - will go to dinner with women though, but there will be no physical contact. He said he had strong willpower from having a long term GF that lived overseas for years. What do you think about that? There's such a thing as "emotional cheating"!

Most Helpful Guy

• Really by himself he would go out on a date with a woman? It is cheating if you ask me, he's not being loyal at all because he was continue to look.

What Guys Said 2

• Lol going on a dinner with another woman by himself and having a gf? Give me a break.

• if its a formal or dinner with friends then ok but not with strangers like a date, if he does that meanwhile he is still searching

What Girls Said 4

• yeah I would not stand for that. going to dinner with a girl is romantic and you shouldn't be romantic with anyone but the girl you are dating. I would be upset as well

• How about you think of it like this, when you have a bf that you adore will you allow him to do that to you too? AND just so u know, you may trust the bf, but you can never trust the girl he's "friendly dating" she may see what you saw in him. BOOM complications

• I think what you're asking is "is it okay to have friends?"
    and the answer is yes.

• Like I said below - he's attracted to these women but is choosing not to be physically intimate with them, so They're not really friends.

• If he says he doesn't cheat because he doesn't have sex with them, then he doesn't see these women as friends

• i'm not trying to be snooty, i'm just pointing out that you should ask him to clarify what he means with all this since, from what you've said he's saying about it, who actually knows what he's talking about?
      and besides, if he is cheating on you emotionally (which is possible since a date is a date, and all that), you should STILL talk to him about it, because if you already have suspicions, a bunch of strangers online aren't going to clear them up, he's going to
      But also, i have to ask - if he's your ex, why do you care?

• No emotional cheating is ridiculous. You have friends so why can't he? Gender or sex should not have any affect.

• Well the feeling I got was that he was interested in these women, he was physically attracted to them, so I wouldn't classify these women as "friends".

• Trust me, he doesn't see them as friends:)

• Clearly you have made up your mind.