Guys, would you have a girlfriend who is taller than you?

And girls, would you date a boy who's shorter, and maybe smaller in size than you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I'm 5'3 and the average height of a female is 5'4. Most girls are either my height or taller. I don't mind it. Some guys say that the girl being taller than them somehow makes them feel un-masculine. I say if your masculinity is defined by height then that's you, but last time I checked I still have a dick. Females say that they can't wear heels if they are taller. That's stupid. That again is defining a man's masculinity by height. It also has nothing to do with protection. Just because a guy is taller than a girl doesn't mean he can protect her. So yeah of course.

What Guys Said 12

• Slightly taller yeah, but I don't want to look like her younger brother when we are together. I also don't want her to have to kneel to kiss me.

There are some really attractive women to me in the 5'11"-6'1" category, I mean true beauts that I could only dream of being with. So yeah I wouldn't mind if she didn't, : )
    I've also heard sex, standing up in doggystyle, is easier with taller women so that'd be a plus as well.

• It's kinda awkward when a guy has to go up for intimate things (hugs, kisses, ect.) but otherwise I don't really care either way.

• Would not prefer it XD but if I like her, it won't be a problem.

• I'd prefer not, but it's not a deal breaker. Not many girls over 6'2" though.

• A dated a girl few inches taller than me. It was actually very uncomfortable.

• For example?

• Im about 5.8-9. She was 5.10-5.11. So yeah she's quite tall for a girl, very beautiful in my opinion. But when we dated it made me feel uncomfortable. I used to be one those short guys who wanted a taller girl - like the guy who's just thumbed me down (but probably hasn't dated anyone taller than him). But once I dated someone taller, I began to understand why girls want a taller guy. I just felt really weird and uncomfortable next to her when we are out, especially when she wore heels, she was WAY taller than me. It's not an emasculating feeling or anything, its just uncomfortable. That's the only way I can describe it, it also doesn't help that pretty much every time we were out we were getting starred at. I think a lot of short guys here love to front, but most don't have experience.

• Though, I would say, I rather a girl that is slighter taller than me but slim. Than a girl that is shorter but heavier.

• I'd have no problem dating a girl that's 5'10" or taller.

• Most taller girls want a taller go so I think it would be very rare.

• Id be fine if it was an inch or two

• I don't mind

• sure i would. asked one out once

• Yeah I dig tall chicks.

I'd date a chick who is taller than me.

• I don't really care how tall my girlfriend is, however it seems to me that all girls want a guy that's taller than them when they are wearing heels.

I'm only 5 10, so if a girl is my height or taller, I just assume she would rather be with someone else and I write her off.

Basically, she'd have to show interest first, I won't waste my time on someone who probably sees me as a subhuman dwarf creature.

What Girls Said 4

• It's pretty difficult for a guy to be smaller than me. However I'd see no problem dating someone smaller than me.

• In taller than my boyfriend by about an inch.. It's not weird. I'd just feel weird if I was "bigger" than him. Being close to the same height makes stuff easier

• Only if he is a good man and be nice to me, so I can ignore that he is short.

• No. Maybe Im a bitch, but I can't date someone, smaller than me. If he is my height (absolute lowest) then he needs to be bigger and heavier (mostly because of muscle) Last one I dated, was only 7 cm taller than me, but weighted about 26 kg more than I do. And he could lift more than twice my weight, so that was no problem at all.