Have you ever been in love with someone who doesn't love you back?

I'm in love with my neighbour, I'm 16, he's 19, but he doesn't love me back (Well.. i pretty sure he doesn't). It's so painful, and when ever I see him, my heart stops. He isn't the best looking, but he's smart, kind, loving, and his glasses make me melt. I get so nervous around him. Have you ever felt this way? Does it get better?

Ps: I have loved him for a year

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I have cared for and loved women who didn't return my affection. It's very difficult. I would have walked away, except they were in love and started relationships with friends of mine, so I couldn't walk away unless I didn't want to see my friends anymore. I decided that it didn't make any sense to lose friends, so I'm afraid I had to climb a Mt. Everest of pain to continue on in life and maintain my friendship.

I believe that it does get better when you eventually fall in love with someone else, and that day is coming, my dear. I would suggest, if possible, that you try to limit your contact with this guy as much as you can. There is some merit to the idea of "out of sight; out of mind."

Although he's a great guy, and the heart wants what the heart wants (I think it's adorable you like his glasses... I confess I like women who wear glasses), he is legally an adult and you are not. Even if he could return your love, such a relationship would pose some serious problems. Although it's difficult to see, it might be for the best.

Now the good news is that you can find another bespectacled Sir Awesome who will return your affections, sweetheart. You must make an effort to make yourself and your life as attractive as possible to invite him to be a part of it.

• Thanks so much for an aweseome comment! Really helped me! I keep on seeing him outside though, and my heart just STOPS!! And yes.. his glasses are the best! Their the classic nerdy big square glasses :) xx

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, currently I like my friend but she doesn't feel the same. I talked to her about it one day and she said she's willing to give it a shot but she doesn't have the feelings. I told her we should wait a bit then because I don't want it to be weird or anything and she said that sounds good.

So right now I'm just hoping she'll start to have feelings for me. I wish there was something I could do.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes... it happens to most people at some stage in their life. Sometimes more than once... sometimes 3 times... sometimes more. It gets better yes. When I was 15 I was also crazy in love with a guy who was 20. I thought he was "the one". Well needless to say, I'm 20 now and laugh at how naive I was. I've fallen in love again with new guys and in time you'll see that there's a reason it doesn't work out.

• Its too young to fall in love, but you already have, so nothing can be done. But why would you waste time on someone who doesn't love you. Have you ever discussed this with him openly. Please do. If still there is no breakthrough, then u must move on. Your life is just beginning. The world is waiting for you :)

• Yep. It's poop. No, it smdoesnt get better until you force yourself to get over them. I'm sorry hun xx

• good to know i'm not the only one then :) :(

• I'm in love with someone right now who isn't in love with me. *Cries* :(

• yep- i swear I've used up all of my tears on him