He rarely texts or calls, should I move on or stick with it? Help!

Im a 26 year old dating a 36 year old for a little over a month. We are both divorced and have kids, work full time ect. His lack of phone communication is awful and it bothers me. We get together when I don't have my kids which is week on, week off and we spend a lot of time together in that week. We've gone to the movies, baseball game, out to dinner, parks and to my house on more then a few times where he stays the night. He never wants to leave when were together, he told me how perfect he thinks I am. He's said he has bad past relationships where he got attached quickly so he's trying to do things differently this time. He gets upset at the thought of me dating someone else, he wants long term blah blah. We sent a few texts yesterday, I initiated it. Last text was received at 5 pm and I haven't heard anything since. I've read and heard if a guy really likes you he won't leave you alone. I don't know if it's his age, the truth of past relationships or he's all talk. He is very affectionate when together and especially when out in public.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's always hard to know why and yet so easy to second guess and read all sorts of things into it.
    The truth is everyone's different, some text all the time some text none of the time.
    He did say he's trying to do things differently and maybe this is one of those things.
    From the things you say he doesn't seem all talk so i would say stick with it and try not to stress about it too much, but if it bothers you that much then just ask him.

What Guys Said 2

• Just hang out and have fun together. Set the dates on phone. It's nothing to do with numbers of callings or textings.

• The truth is ask guys are different. He could be looking at the situation thinking he's being smooth by not showing he's to interested, like you said. That being said he could also just be in it for the bang out when you let him sleep over. Talk to him tell him you want him to connect more but don't be overly aggressive. Soon enough you'll find out his intention and if he's worth the effort.

What Girls Said 2

• Phone contacting means very little to most guys. They all different some like it many dont. Aslong as he calls to ask you out thats the main thing. Face to face is best after all :)

• "He gets upset at the thought of me dating someone else, he wants long term blah blah" - I think thats the reason why he gets cold on you.. based on what I read I can sense he is serious and he loves you but at the sane time he's afraid he might get hurt again if one day you will leave him because you are dating someone else... plus you slept together, what will he might think? That its just maybe nothing to you because if you are really serious and love him, you will forget about dating others and stay focus to him... he's 36 so he's mature enough to think and feel.. I don't blame him why he acts that way..

• So he eventually stopped texting me. He didn't answer my calls and I didn't hear from him for over a week. He texted me he was sorry after not hearing from him for over a week. He claims to like me a lot, want more with me, missed me a ton. Said he's going through some stuff and cut himself off from everyone. He has yet to explain what happened but he claims that even though he didn't contact me for over a week he missed me and thought of me often. I don't know what to do. Give him the benefit and listen when he's ready or move on. He's such a poor communicator and even in the last few days we've been talking again he texts rarely or doesn't answer if I call.