No guys have asked me out?

throughout high school NO guys have asked me out at all and I've shown interest in some people and they showed it back but nothing ever happened. I'm afraid that next year no one at ALL will ask me out to prom. And it's worrying that i won't have a date. Also i'm not saying that GUYS SHOULD be the one to ask someone out. I'm just saying no one has and it has me wondering why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because high school guys get nervous and awkward about it as well.

What Guys Said 2

• I agree with FlatteredGirl, but if it's bothering you that much just find someone on GAG to send her a picture of yourself and ask what you could do to make yourself more attractive/approachable if necessary. Privately of course.

• okay. I guess that could work.

• You're either really gorgeous and guys think you're out of their league, or you have a unattractive personality. Feel free to send me a picture of yourself and what you think you personality is like.

What Girls Said 4

• Don't worry, im not American and I don't know if you have to get a date for prom but personally I wouldn't care even if I didn't get a date, instead I would wear a perfect dress, put on the most amazing makeup and strut into the place and be like THIS IS WHAT YOU MISSED OUT ON!

• haha i love this so much! :) Thanks!

• How old are you? The first guy that asked me out was when I'm in college, so chill girl you're fine.

• i'm 16 and I'm a Junior now.

• Welcome to the 21st century... YOU can ask a guy out just as easily as a guy can ask you out. Find a guy you like and ask him.

• Guys don't ask me out either. I have the same issue too. But I got over it because who needs a guy? I don't. Sure I like them but they aren't everything. If you are so afraid you won't have a date, then ask someone out yourself. It's not that hard. Times are changing despite the fact that us girls hate it, we have to step up to the plate and ask guys out ourselves because they are too much of weenies to do it themselves.

• right? they're shy and don't like to approach girls. And now we just approach them if we want to now.

• that's exactly the way i feel. like if we feel the same way why aren't you telling me or if i get the feeling you feel the same way what's the wait?

• I know. I'm always pretty obvious when I like a guy. It's easy to tell. So if the guy does like me back then he's just an idiot for not noticing my obvious signals. I personally prefer the direct approach. If you like someone just tell them how you feel but people always want the damn chase. Guys say they don't want the chase but they want it so I give it to them.