Is it bad to want an attractive girlfriend?

I'm not saying that one's level of attractiveness is the most important thing but I think that it definitely plays a major role in a successful relationship. A lot of people say that it's superficial.
Now, I don't expect to be with a model, but does it make me a bad person if I want to have an attractive girlfriend?
Is it bad to reject someone based solely on appearance?

• No, that's normal
  • Yes, that's bad

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's good to have an idea of what your looking for in particular. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder thats as old as dirt. So what you see as beautyful Is just a type. So your intitled to your type. Although the downside to that is harsh. In society the most attractive girls also have standards, if you meet them then great also they are know to be heart breakers so be prepared. Im not going to pull the intelligence card. If you can handle it go for it. Your obviously young you still have a lot of things to learn. So get started

What Girls Said 4

• Its unrealistic to expect a relationship to be successful if there is no physical attraction. Its normal to want an attractive partner.

• It depends on how rich she is.

• You have to be attractive to have that standard. If you're not attractive then no attractive girl will want you either.

• I think everyone cares about looks to an extent. What I always advice is to go for someone who is about as attractive as you. So if you are a 3, 5, 7, 10, go for someone about the same. I think the problem arises when people don't do this, & then become angry that the people they like don't like them back. If a 7's not willing to date a 5, why would think a 9 should date them? It's not settling, it's being realistic.

What Guys Said 3

• are you willing to walk around with a machine gun, fighting off low lifes

• No, it's not bad. I want an attractive girlfriend. We have to be attractive ourselves though since they have more options. Just don't get to picky.

• You, and about 3 billion other guys want an attractive partner. How did you figure that you were the only one? lol

• I know I'm not the only one, I was simply asking if that makes me a bad person.

• If that's one of your only, most important traits... then you might find your relationships not being very successful and being shallow (for obvious reasons). You're under 18, so you're still in that "I need something nice to fuck" stage. It's just nature.

I'm about to turn 25 and trust me, pretty faces and big boobs start controlling you less when you realize that she actually has to be worth a damn as well ;)

• Haha I passed that stage a little while back I think. Luckily I didn't have sex, I'd rather wait for someone I truly care about. But I'd just rather that person that I truly care about to have a nice face.