Do men see women as property?

If you have a girl do you see her as your property? Not in a bad way more in a "this my woman... hands off" type sense. Is this innate?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I don't do that because I'm not raised that way.

But according to my hypothesis, It depends on the arrangement and the level of love and respect between the two.

If they have few things in common except she looks good and he has money, then yes... he will regard her in that way.

If they are a couple at least close to the same age and they both work and have been together for a long time before getting married, I'm sure he views her as his equal and his partner, not his property.

What Guys Said 6

• Of course got her dam branded and everything : P

But really kidding aside I wouldn't go out with some one if there was not some level of trust between us that I ain't gonna do anything funney with a another girl and she ain't gonna do anything funney with another guy. I am pretty happy if guys hugged her greeted her stuff like that you know freidnly nothing more but I personally feel other than freidnly stuff gets a bit more than that well I will let my opinion be known ( in a polite way when possible). Of course its not a double standard for me either I would happily if she wanted the same I am sure she wouldn't want me doing that kinda stuff in front of her : )

• i.. actually im not sure. if friends are around, i'd probably tell them she's mine. but otherwise.. not really. specially not in the sense of 'owned property' that would sound like she's an object to me.. totally uncool

• No i respect females all the way and i like females who have morals

• No. If I did, I'd see her as a companion, a friend. Not someone to be ruled and owned, but someone to respect and care for.

• There's a fine line between genius and insanity

• not at all. i dont really want much to do with them these days

What Girls Said 1

• they used to see women as a commodity.
    now, i guess yeah, some men do see women as their property in that more intimate sense- kinda like her protector.:P

in society today, id argue that this becomes a problem when men don't know how to properly express this feeling of 'she's mine'. men who do it right are some of the best to date i bet, but men who do it wrong are the worst type of guy to end up with, especially if ur an independent woman.