What's your opinion about meeting someone online?

I know several people who are married to someone they met online. I'm just wondering what people's take is on that.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's great, one of the best things about meeting people online is you get to talk to people you may not ordinarily talk to. For example, in your daily life you probably walk past dozens of people who would probably make a great friend or maybe significant other and you just don't notice it. Unfortunately, in today's world we don't have time to get to know everybody and the internet has it's way of sorting similar people together :)

As a gamer most of my life, I have met thousands of people online, and heard countless stories of people meeting online, even through video games!

I know it sounds kinda strange to think of a person in a statistical sense, but when you throw all this info out there into the sorting machine it definitely makes the process quicker.

What Guys Said 2

• its just another way of meeting people. I personally couldn't care less. in fact if I met my true love through the internet I would thank the internet because then maybe I would've never discovered them to begin with, hypothetically speaking.

• Same as meeting people in person: Don't.

What Girls Said 2

• I met my bf online. I think its a convenient way to meet people

• I'd like to know what they did right.