I like him - but I dont find him attractive please help !! SO CONFUSED?

I have found my self talking to this guy lately he is SUPER SMART, super kind , very funny and he treats me like a PRINCESS !! . i have found myself fantasizing about kissing him/ dating him and today he asked me on a date Friday night
Here is my dilemma - i really want to go but i don't find him good looking and don't know that i could be in a relationship with him!
i dont know what to do.. go on a few dates and take it slow and see what happens like i feel like if we have a physical connection id be fine ! I just dont wanna seem like im leading him on :(
anyone else been here?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't let attractiveness being the deciding factor what if he's the "one" for you. If you fantasize about kissing him well i'd say you like him, don't fight your feelings its not healthy to do so. And you never know what he will look like a couple years down the road he could be just what you like in a couple years.

• thanks for the answer !

• But I should mention this, If I guy had posted the same about a girl he'd be called shallow, so do you consider yourself shallow?

What Guys Said 9

• You dont have a choice on you being attracted to him but you could go on the date, no strings attached. Just see how it goes, see if his confidence makes him more attractive to you.

• thanks for the answer ! should i tell him i wnt it to be a no strings attached date or?

• No no , just go on the date. Dont force yourself. If you like him enough to go out on a date with him then do it. If not , then dont.

• if he's not attractive for your standards how you like him>

• I've only seen pictures of him and in some he looks cute but I don't know urrrgh

• Just be his friend because you will really hurt him when you break up with him eventually and tell him you only ever saw him as a friend and were hoping to eventually feel more. That happened to me twice and it REALLY hurt :(

• i am sorry that happend to you !! the thing is i dont see him as a friend.. i just can't see us as a couple i guess if that makes sense

• I still think you should say as friends until you are physically attracted to him at least a bit... and you should not let him pay for you for anything until that happens as well. Or if you let him pay this time you should pay next time. And don't mislead him...

• yeah well i am paying for myself LOOL :P
      we are going to see a hypnotist show at our school's pub nothing too fancy.. but women get free cover and i dont mind buying my own drinks ! so its not like im using him for money...
      i see where your comming from !! i am going to have to do some soul searching and figure it out

• "Here is my dilemma - i really want to go but i don't find him good looking and don't know that i could be in a relationship with him! "

I stopped reading right here, don't do it you'll be living a lie and it'll only come back to haunt you.

• Go on your date... maybe have a kiss and go from there. See how it goes. If you are not into him after tell him, be kind and explain yourself. On the other hand you may find other things more attractive. Good luck.

• If you say that you fantasise about kissing him I'd say that you do physically like him as well and you're just a little confused. Don't overlook this guy as nice guys are hard to come by these days.

• If I were you I would date him no matter if he is ugly or not. When we like someone the appearance is a negligible thing.

• Sounds like you're attracted to / like his personality but not attracted to him physically.

• well I've never meet him in person only seen pictures
      we talk on the phone and text and stuff

• It could be a case of "pictures really don't do you justice" then. And yes. I've said this to some models.

• If you like him but don't find him attractive, don't lead him on. That's not fair to him, no matter how well he treats you. I think you know this, but are too stupid to give him up, because you don't want to do the "right" thing

What Girls Said 2

• I see your dilemma and all I can say is you have to listen to your heart. they always say its whats on the inside that matters. but if you can't get past his looks then you should just try being friends

• thanks for the answer ! thats kinda my thinking to
      im just scared i may have a freak hurt and hurt him

• Just be his friend, otherwise you might end up hurting him in the future.