The problem is most of us have never articulated what those values really are?

The problem is most of us have never articulated what those values really are. And if you don’t know your values, how can you expect your partner to have a clue?
These values go beyond just your stated religion. Two people who are following Christ can still have some different core values that tangibly direct their decisions.

For example, you could have a high value for responsibility and the person you’re dating could have a high value for risk. Both values are good and not necessarily incompatible, but if not articulated and discussed, it could be a point of high conflict if the responsible person likes consistency and persistence, while the risk-taker likes changing things up and going for the impossible.

Most Helpful Guy

• Two people who are following Christ need to do just that.

They need to follow Christ.

The Bible says that sex before marriage destroys the soul. God will judge fornicators and adulterers. (Hebrews 13:4)

Unfortunately many professing Christians do not adhere to what the Bible says on how to conduct our lives.

I like this verse for people who take the Bible seriously: (1Peter 3:3 - 4) 3 You should not use outward aids to make yourselves beautiful. . . 4 Instead, your beauty should consist of your true inner self, the ageless beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of the greatest value in God's sight.

And God tells the man to love his woman as Christ loved the church. (A hint, Christ died for the church... How much more can you love your wife than that?) Christ watches over His church, loving us, helping us, strengthening us. If more men loved their women this way we would be better off.

(Ephesian 5:25) Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

What Guys Said 1

• If I sat next to you on a bench, then randomly decided to turn my head and begin a conversation by saying "So that's when I decided to go to the laundromat and get my clothes cleaned, and from there I decided to hit up a restaurant because I was feeling a little peckish."

You see how weird that is? That's what you did just now.

What Girls Said 0